Clara's last day of Kindergarten was May 22nd. It's been a good year and we've been happy with Clara's school. She loved her teachers (her main teacher, the full time aide and the reading specialist) and she seriously learned so much more than I would have imagined. Math, reading, spelling, telling time and I think I was most impressed with the grammar they learned. You might recall that I had a terrible time trying to decide where to put her in school. On top of having to only go half-day, she learned above and beyond and had a lot of fun, so I felt like her school was good all around. I hope next year is just as positive, even if she does have to stay all day. She's just looking forward to getting to bring her lunch.
I had Clara make her teachers cards for the last day and they were awesome. Mostly about hope and love. The one in the middle says "happy gragwashon" which obviously is intended to be graduation. I made her sound it out. That one was for the reading teacher and I imagine she loved seeing a Kindergartner's phonetic spelling of the word graduation. Pretty good if you ask me.
We couldn't leave in the morning without taking pictures.
Clara is such an awesome little kid and she's constantly making me smile with her spunky little attitude.
As she jumped out of the car, I laughed inside, mentally contrasting it to the first day of school, when all the parents stood with cameras watching their kids on the playground from behind a fence.
Clara was obviously pretty excited about the whole thing.
Clara and her diploma and her main teacher, Mrs. Haschke.Afterwards we went to an early lunch at Cracker's with my mom. Hazel was "Coloring really fast" and made the funniest face while she colored back and forth vigorously.
And then just like that, our summer began. I love summer. It's like a continuous party that I never want to end. Why do we have to be responsible?








3 comments:
Congratulations Clara! I love all of the pictures, but especially the one of all 4 of you. That color looks great on you Anna. =)
Clara is so beautiful. I love the picture of her eating the goldfish. ;) She has a lot of personality, you can tell even just from a picture. Congratulations on her "gragwashon" from Kindergarten. I'm sure she is going to love 1st grade just as much.
Wow a real graduation hat for kindergarten. I always had paper ones that we made at school... except my high school graduation of course.
Post a Comment