We went to church in Taylor Sunday morning and stopped at Jason's parent's to change. First, I made the girls let me take a picture. We don't get much sweater weather in Mesa, so I love to see my girls in cute little sweaters. Plus, Jordyn was with us and her dress matched Clara and Hazel's perfectly. It looks like it was all planned. Half a dozen girls in coordinating dresses sounds so fun! ;)
We headed to Shumway for lunch at Janet's. Here are the Penrod girls. I don't think any of them know how much I love them. They are the most selfless, thoughtful, helpful people I know. When we had our reception in Snowflake, they were all there, with their mother, helping without complaint. Even now, at get togethers and reunions, they are always the first to volunteer to help. I could sure learn a lot from them.
We ate and hung out and enjoyed the beautiful, nearly wind-free, weather
The big kids played a card game together and it was hilarious how intense it got.
Before leaving, we went on a walk across the street to check out the sheep. The sheep farmer was out and caught a sheep that he let Clara pet. She was in heaven, again. I love that she loves animals so much. I think it's because I know it's something we definitely didn't teach her, but that her sweet little spirit was born with. As we were walking back, we were surprised by a snake that slithered across our path (see bottom right).
These experiences make me want to a.) move to a farm or b.) become a millionaire so I can buy a farm and pay someone to take care of it and visit whenever I'd like (think: all summer long). Since it's more likely that neither of those will happen, we'll enjoy little opportunities like this.





1 comment:
I love the idea of having a million dollars and paying for somebody else to run the farm!! Also, I want to take a boat ride on Tempe Lake now. I had no idea. I really need to get out more.. =)
Post a Comment