Sunday, May 19, 2013

Goat Farm: Take Two

When we were up in Pine in March, we visited the Fossil Creek Creamery in Strawberry, which we call the goat farm. We were told that in three weeks or so, the goats would have their babies and visitors would be allowed to help feed the babies. I knew Clara would love it, so I planned on going on our way to Snowflake on Friday the 19th of April for Heather Penrod's missionary farewell talk that following Sunday. Then, my great uncle passed away and the funeral was that Saturday afternoon, so that wasn't going to work out. I decided to forget being practical and just make a special trip up there on Friday afternoon. Angela, Clint and Margo came with us. Little Miss Clara had a grand time. Hazel had fun too, but she's not quite as hands on with animals like Clara is. Hazel prefers to watch them from afar, as is evidenced by these pictures.
Clara couldn't get enough of the goats. She kept walking around feeding them and loved picking them up, despite them trying to eat her shirt. I really need to find out how to get her more regular access to some goats.
There were some pesky goats that wanted to eat anything their size, including Hazel and Margo. As I looked at the pictures, I realized I'm pretty sure it was the same goat that kept nibbling them.

I told Angela she needs at least two more kids and a goat because this picture is so cute.
Margo loved to touch a goat, then suck on her fingers. Touch a goat, suck on her fingers. Mmmm, bet that was good. I'm pretty sure she also wanted the goat's bottles.
There were also llamas. Llamas are kind of funny animals. I learned some pretty interesting things about them. Not sure why Angela is not looking at the camera. Also notice Clara attempting to show her teeth like a llama.
When we were done, we bought some goat milk fudge and fresh goat cheese and headed home. I love doing stuff like this, even if it's kind of impractical.

Margo hung out with us for a little bit after we got home. Clara got to hold her and help feed her. Holding and feeding both a baby goat and a baby human in the same day made for a near perfect day for Clara.  

3 comments:

Heather Williams said...

Those baby goats are really cute. Glad you were able to go back and see them.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

That looks like a lot of fun. We love goats. My great grandmother had a several in one of her pastures, along with sheep. I could probably bore you going on and on about my great grandparents and their sheep. What a fun memory for your girls.

Jen said...

So awesome!
I swear those goats will eat anything, kinda freaks me out.
All i need is a chunk of my hair eaten off ;)