March brought Spring Break and Spring Break brought trips to two different cabins with two different groups of people. Ironically, they were just a few minutes away from each other in Pine. Trip #1 was with our friends the Fillmores and Welchs. We left late Friday afternoon. The Rim was expecting an intense snow storm and I was afraid we weren't going to make it. The weather, however, surprised us and the drive wasn't bad. There was a crazy hail storm on one stretch (near Mt. Ord) where we saw three cars that had spun off the road and crashed. Once in Pine, the snow was coming down more heavily and we barely made it up the driveway to the cabin. We were glad we left when we did. This is hail, not snow between Mesa and Payson.
We didn't get as much snow as the weathermen predicted, but there was enough snow to sled in and enjoy the peaceful silence that only snow brings. What is it about a fresh blanket of snow that is so magical?Hazel's absolute favorite part of the snow was eating it, just like when we played in the snow earlier in the year.
She even laid down on her stomach and ate directly from the ground.
Not just once, but over and over. I got an awesome video of it.
As if being in a cabin in the snow wasn't picturesque enough, there is this darling, and practically perfect, playhouse. Can you see it nestled in the trees?
It even has lights!
Clara woke up Saturday feeling tired. She was up late the night before so I thought it was because of that. While we all went out to sled Saturday morning, she went back to sleep. It was sad enjoying all the snow without her, but later in the afternoon she woke up and felt like she wanted to play in the snow and sled.
Here's Hazel and Carter, just three days apart, trying to make a getaway.
Both girls loved sledding. Hazel was especially entertaining because she'd let out this high-pitched giggle/squeal that could have easily been mistaken as a cry.
Somehow I feel like this picture captures Jason's personality so well. Gentle, soft, calm and easy going. (Unless sports are involved.)
One family picture at the end of the day with everyone looking. Yay! I brought Hazel's boots, but she found these purple sparkly boots in her size at the cabin and wouldn't accept anything else.
I had to teach Relief Society that Sunday, so we headed home after breakfast. But not before Hazel came tattling to me that someone was being mean to her or that she was being mean to someone. I couldn't quite decipher it, but she took it very seriously.
It was such a lovely weekend free of internet and full of good food, relaxation and friendly conversation. I told Jason how I feel so grateful that we know so many good people.






.jpg)








2 comments:
i am a little jealous. glad you were able to take some time away with your family. you've realized that we need a cabin right?!
p.s. yes i am procrastinating getting my tax stuff ready for you. i got overwhelmed and took a break.
The pictures of Hazel laying on her stomach eating the snow made me actually laugh out loud. seriously!
Post a Comment