Friday, March 15, 2013

Recharged

In the past week, I've had the opportunity to spend some time in the mountains for a few days, not once, but twice. We were in a cabin both times, but didn't have internet on either occasion. It was a reminder that for me, that is the perfect vacation. Some people feel recharged after vacations without their children. I feel recharged after a vacation without the internet. I feel like it's the only real way to take a true vacation.

Trip #1
Trip #2

More on both to come. Someday.

3 comments:

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Good for you!!! I love both pictures! :) I am jealous that you got away from this heat. :)

Brenden+Nikki said...

Got your comment :). You are such a sweet friend. My mind really was scrambling for a while thinking "who can I ask for help!?" But my mind was blank. I took that as a prompting that it was just a better idea to eat the already made waffles in my pantry for dinner rather than risk infecting anyone. Lol. Hey the kids loved having breakfast for dinner so it was a win :). But seriously we need to reschedule our dinner date...won't be a Hawaii planning trip (let's not talk about that shall we? The fact that Brenden might go without me never goes well as a talk in this house lol) but just a fun hang out dinner. My kids will be better and I promise there won't be any diarrhea on our couch :).

Brenden+Nikki said...

P.S. loved those pics of the girls. Looks like so much fun! Love the variety that AZ has to offer sometimes.