I should be going to sleep. I've been averaging 4 hours of sleep and I'm feeling pretty worn out. But when I finished up the things I absolutely had to get done and noticed it was not yet Midnight, I opted to blog a bit about my little super star Clara. She is special and I know that, but lately, she has been even more incredible. Sometimes I look at her and feel like someone has tricked me into thinking she's only six because in so many ways, she is way beyond her age.
On Sunday, I was feeling really sick, but we were trying to make it to a nursing home where my dad conducts church so Clara could give a little talk. I had fallen asleep on the couch around 9am for a few hours and we needed to leave at 12:30. While I was scrambling to get everything together, Clara made a salad for lunch since she knew I wouldn't have time. She cut up some romaine, carrots, avocado, tomato and cucumber. She added some already chopped bell peppers. At the nursing home, she got up in front of about 20 strangers and told them she was going to tell them how we got to earth. I am pretty sure she meant why we came to earth. Anyway, she held up pictures she drew and talked about how we were spirits before we came to earth, how we have the beautiful earth because Heavenly Father loves us and how our family was married in the temple so we can be happy. She's so fearless.
On Monday, she made her own cheese crisp. She also heard a book at school about our invisible buckets and how we can fill ours and each others. She has made quite the conscious effort to do things that fill up buckets and avoid things that take away from our buckets. She also taught this concept in our FHE lesson.
Wednesday morning I couldn't get out of bed. She woke up, got all ready for school, got herself breakfast, ate, got a snack for school and went to school (Jason took her while I continued to sleep... I need more than 4 hours of sleep). She is so independent and helpful, likely more so even then I was at the age of 8. She is constantly helping me with Hazel and wanting to help in the kitchen.
Today, she decided she was going to sell things to people (rocks, flowers, pine cones and acorns). She called up family and asked them to come buy stuff from her, not even thinking twice about being nervous. It was hilarious watching her take it so serious, never for one second realizing her prices were soaring above fair market value. She sat in the front in her wagon for over an hour not even knowing if anyone would come (people came, thank goodness). She made nearly $5, which was more than the $1 she hoped to make so she could buy a book from school.
She's just one incredible little girl and she never ceases to amaze me.
Friday, March 22, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Clara is such a sweetheart! She is growing up so fast. I hope you are feeling better soon, no fun being sick when the weather here is so beautiful!
she's pretty amazing!! So if girls mature faster than boys, why'd i get stuck with 2 as my oldest:)? jk my boys are great helpers- i dont think i let them help as much as they'd like- my OCD issues.
love those pics of her- so cute-
i love that schools are working hard on teaching the "bucket filler" stuff- the boys school does too and its really GREAT!!!
thats awesome about the nursing home message too- way to go- that girl needs to go serve a mission!!!
So sweet! Loved reading this. What an awesome girl Clara is :). I'd be proud too.
I want her!:) she is precious!
Wow. She is getting so grown up! Making lunches and getting herself ready for the day is a major plus for the both of you.
I remember picking my mom's garden flowers and selling them to my next door neighbor. And my neighbor would ask if my mom knew what we were doing and we also lied and said yes.
Wow, it has been a while since I've visited your blog. I can't believe how grown up both of your girls are! It is funny how different Hazel and Clara's personalities are. I've enjoyed catching up on your posts. You are a great storyteller.
Yep, you have a gem!
Post a Comment