On the February 20th, I had an HOA meeting and when I got to the location, it was raining. I decided to sit in my car and see if if would let up. Instead, it started snowing. It was fun!
The next day we went and took pictures of the Superstition mountains. I let Clara use my small camera and she loved it. She had the camera up to her face most of the time.And thought she was hilarious taking pictures of me taking pictures of her.
So pretty!
Tons of people stopped where we were and I overheard some old people saying how this happens maybe once every thirty years. I didn't dare correct them, but one time it snowed before we had kids (picture on 3.12.2006 from Spook Hill)...
and then when Clara was a month old, it snowed and I'm guessing there was snow on the Superstitions because there was "a lot" of snow in Mesa on Recker and McKellips on 1.21.2007...
and then when Hazel was a month old, it snowed, but not much (picture taken 2.18.2011 and I'm not gonna lie, I'm not 100% sure that's the day it snowed, but it was pretty close).
So, rare? Yes. But once every thirty years? Not so much. This is the fourth time in about 8 years that I've seen snow in Mesa and/or on the Superstitions.



6 comments:
I am with you... it seems we get the snow on the Supertitions at least every other year. Every time it does I am in awe of the beauty.
I know, I heard the same stats. I swear , it's just about every other year at least- if not every that it snows at least in some degree here :)
Love those pictures! Gorgeous!
My ALL TIME favorite picture of YOU Anna : ) You look so happy in the " snow "
I love it when it snows here. it's almost like a fairy tale! It did snow in Feb 2011. ;)
Random...but I totally remember when Clara was a tiny baby like that. :).
And I remember it snowing quite a bit too :). I'm ready for spring! I hate when my feet are cold and won't warm up.
See, totally random.
yeah, that is "a lot" of snow. hee hee.
Post a Comment