Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Hiking We Did Go

For President's Day, I wanted to do something to get out of the house. Clara requested a hike to Hole in the Rock (although I'm not convinced she knew what it was) and I thought it sounded fun. Apparently lots of other people thought it sounded fun because it was packed! It was fun, but it was not ideal not having Jason there. Clara kept getting stuck on steep parts of the mountain (not the little trail up) and I couldn't leave Hazel to help her so I had to do it while holding Hazel. But we still had fun and enjoyed the beautiful weather.
Clara was super hyper and Hazel would not look at the camera. I think I bribed her for this one, but for almost every other pictures she said, "Me no smile, busy eating."
 
Little mountain goat loves to climb. I told her next time we'd bring Jason so he can watch Hazel while her and I go exploring.
Okay, for more trail mix I'll say cheese... I'll even open my eyes.
 
Little poser.
While at Hole in the Rock, Clara and I decided we should hike a trail/mountain for every letter of the alphabet this year. The next week, we started it off with a family hike up "A" Mountain.
If you have any good family-friendly hikes, please share! Oh wait, there's only about 3 remaining bloggers out there...

5 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Do the petroglyph hike out toward Gold Canyon. SO fun!

Wind Cave at Usury.

Head up to Payson and hike the Natural Bridge area.

Boyce Thompson Arboretum.

Brenden+Nikki said...

Collin so desperately wants to "go up the hill!" (Aka A Mountain) but it seems like every weekend Brenden has to do something and I'm not sure if I want to try it with three kids by myself. I just might though. Sometimes you just gotta get out and do it, just like you did at hole in the rock.

I'm not good at remembering places that we've hiked but Brenden would know a ton of them. I'll have him tell Jason next time they have their talk in the car until 12:30 in the morning :)

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

How fun is that!!!!! I'm sure you have already done Falcon hill (not really a long hike, but family friendly. When I was training for the last marathon, Brandon use to take the kids to Coons bluff and hike around there while I was running to where they were. They loved it. I'm not sure that they were on a specific path though. perhaps just walking around in the desert. But that's an idea.

Jen said...

We need to stay there till night fall. what a fun view!

so serious! I hate that no one blogs anymore.
I just posted on FB the question "why does no one blog anymore"
Because that's exactly where everyone is, Facebook- LAME!

Lisa said...

I keep meaning to take my kids to hole in the rock. When my mom was little she used to walk there all the time with her brothers since they lived close by. As for future hikes, San Tan Regional Park out here by me is pretty nice and easy. The boys and I have gone a few times. It's been awhile, we should go again soon.