On the 16th of February, we headed up to Snowflake for Makenzie's baptism. Some people hate road trips, but I love them, especially with my family. My kids are usually pretty good in the car and with nothing to get in our way, we have hours to spend laughing, talking and planning as a family. Jason and I sing Disney songs to the kids (did you know Jason has more of the Disney songs memorized than I do?). We're usually all laughing by the end. Except for Hazel... she's usually saying, "Stop it. Too loud." The kids ask questions about all sorts of things, which often initiate fantastic conversations. Jason and I talk about our future and how we're going to pay off our rental house and buy more property (and then we get home and it's back to reality). As with many road trips, the end destination was to see and spend time with family, which rarely disappoints.
I asked these kids to hug each other for a picture and you would've thought I asked them to change each other's diapers. Seriously. Besides that, they're good kids.
Grandpa Penrod ran around the parking lot with Hazel while I was taking pictures. Nice.
We enjoyed a wonderful baptism and headed back to Len and Maricel's for dinner, dessert and the greatest entertainment this world has to offer: 4 Penrod boys dancing to Just Dance 4.
Way past bedtime, we headed to Michelle's to crash. Except Michelle and I "accidentally" stayed up until after 4:00 am talking. I love having a cousin that doubles as a friend. I'm just wondering why I never take pictures with her and I suppose it's because 99% of the time we spend together is after 10:00 pm. We headed back Sunday morning to get home in time for church. It's always fun to leave reality for a bit and spend time with loved ones.



1 comment:
I'd have to agree with the hugging pic. I mean who hugs their sibling when you're young. ;)
Post a Comment