Sunday, February 24, 2013

Other January Notables & Random Pictures

We had a pipe that froze and broke while I was at work one day. I arrived home to find water shooting about 15 feet into the air from the side of the house. Although it was only around 7pm when I arrived home, the water on the driveway had already froze. Grateful for the nice man in our ward that came and fixed it, grateful Jason works so close to home so he could be there in a few minutes and grateful it was outside.
Hazel didn't learn manners.
No idea. One day she kept walking around like this and seemed very intent on doing something in particular with her hands in this shape while she rested them on the top of her belly.
Daniel came for a visit.
Hazel looked at lots and lots of books.
We read lots and lots of books (can you tell books are kind of a big deal around here?)
 
Our oranges survived some historically low temperatures. It froze I think 4 days in a row, some days getting to the low 20's.
Hazel grew a curly mullet (and I cut it off).
My dad came and met me at my client (yup, Jack-in-the-Box) for lunch. Our lunch dates have been the highlight of my working on the west side. I'll be sad when it's over.
Hazel did a lot of puzzles on our phones/iPad. She says, "Do puzzles!" And look at those little rolls.
Clara celebrated the 100th day of school with 100 black beans (her choice) and I'm guessing she didn't inherit my Type A personality based on how she chose to glue the beans on. And she also looks like a mini-nun in this picture.
For MLK day we hung out with Beka at her parent's, which mean a little zip-lining. 
 
We followed that up with some frozen yogurt.
I found the greatest time to shop at the Ranch Market: 7:45am. It almost looks like a real grocery store and Hazel smiled at everyone, including the lady that said, "That's a smile that would make the Devil himself smile."
Hazel learned to blink!
We had a picnic in the front yard.
Hazel is hilarious when she's doing something she shouldn't. In this picture, she's trying to steal a sucker, see her "hiding" it? She put it there and walked away and wouldn't look at me or say anything.
More fun with 3D glasses.
We got lots and lots of rain.
This is a retention basin, not a lake.
Jason and I got invited to listen to this independent musician at our neighbor's. Jason had to leave early which likely worked out better for both of us. He's not really into that type of thing and I was able to enjoy it free of snide remarks.  Read more about Gideon here.
Clara went to Beka's boys' party (and I got some me time with no agenda which was pretty awesome).
I have always liked matching socks... until these lame things came along. These are five different socks.
I met up with a friend and former co-worker for lunch at Postino. Afterwards, I took the girls to get gelato at LGO. I love just enjoying life with these two. It's only a matter of time before they grow up and I don't want that day to be met with regrets of not capitalizing on the time we had when they were young.
"Mom, mustache!"
100 day necklace
Then there was the day Hazel decided to "ride" her snail. It has wheels on the bottom so it can be drug around by a string, but Hazel decided she could sit on it and slide around.
That might have been the same day Clara taped her face just because.
I got more sweet notes from Clara.
"Der Mom, I love you you are my best mom you cleen the has vawar mech."
Interpretation: Dear Mom, I love you. You are my best mom. You clean the house very much.
Those notes will never get old.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey, Anna! I love your posts, and most of the time, I can just skim through really quickly & run to the next friend's posts, so sorry I haven't been commenting very much. You always make me smile, and inspire me to be a better mom & person. Even though Jeff works during the Passey reunion, I'm wondering if I can bring all my kids & go camping by myself. I would love it... I have to gird up my loins and see what I can do. =) Love ya!

I AM JOE PESCI said...

I loved this post so much!! I sort of feel like I'm living these things right along with you. Clara and Hazel are awesome - and getting so big.

Jen said...

I also rest my hand on my belly :)
and love the taped face!

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Happy late annversary! I love all your pictures. I was trying to pick a favorite, but I can't... well, maybe Hazel trying to sneak the sucker, because that's hilarious.

Emily Widdison said...

I decided that I would comment and tell you my favorite pictures...so I tried, and it was way too hard. I had TOO many favorites! Your girls are hilarious and so cute!

Heather Williams said...

Love it all, except for the leak and the socks that don't match.

angela hardison said...

I pretty much love Clara's bean art and would hang it on my wall. Little modern artist in the making.

p.s. I read your blog on my phone and never comment. I'm going to be better at the blog world again... maybe