Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Celebrating 9 Years

January 10th marked mine and Jason's 9 year anniversary. When I read the weather, I saw beautiful, warmer-than-usual temperatures (high 60's) and decided to make it a park day. We made a picnic lunch and met Jason. It turned out to be a frigid, windy day. Either I misread something or the weather guy was way off. It never made it out of the 50's, let alone into the thigh 60's. So our stay was short, but we still had fun.

If you have time, save these next two pictures and toggle between them really fast and watch Hazel. It's hilarious.
As if her head isn't big enough...
Do not mess with Clara's dancing skills. Especially not when she tucks her jacket into her red velour leggings. She means business.
That night, I made sweedish meatballs, for an extra special meal, that I ate with the girls since Jason had to work late.
I might have been sad that Jason wasn't home, but we also had Lilly lined up to babysit on Saturday so we could go celebrate with just us. That weekend Lilly babysat so we could go out to dinner and a movie. We ate at CPK because we had a gift card and we were reminded why we don't go there. Not our favorite. But we still had fun. I'm always a little shocked at how different the dynamics and conversation of dinner are without the kids. Then Jason talked me into going to see Lincoln. We'd heard it was good, but I was so exhausted from being up late working the previous weeks that I just wanted to sleep. Well, turns out Lincoln isn't necessarily and entertaining movie, per se, so I decided I'd go ahead and take a nap. I woke up every 20 minutes or so and felt like I didn't miss much. At first I was annoyed that I spent $10 for a nap and then I decided I'd pay $10 for a nap any day.  (I couldn't help it, I was exhausted.) I love "real" dates (getting out of the house with just us) and wish we had more time and money to do it weekly. Time and a season, right?

So, after 9 whole years of marriage, I'm still happy with my choice for an eternal mate. There are ups and downs and all arounds, but overall, I think we do pretty good. After all is said and done, we're always up. I often think about how well Jason and I complement each other and smile. We both have different things to bring to the table so that when you look at the table with both our offerings, it's nice and full. Neither of us could do that alone, but together, we can. I also couldn't have picked a better father for my children. He is such a hands-on dad and watching him father makes me love him even more. Good thing because eternity is a really long time. Like, forever.

5 comments:

kate said...

happy 9th!



and thanks for welcoming back...

Lisa said...

Congratulations!! And thanks again for letting us come pick oranges...we had a GREAT time with you and the girls!

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Happy Anniversary. Chris always naps at the movies.

Jen said...

I love Wedding Anniversaries :)
They are such accomplishments.

Beka said...

WHAT? you enjoyed time alone without kids?:) jk you guys are great!! We should double SOON!!!