Friday, December 21, 2012

Note: Random Rambling

So. I have lofty goals. But oft times, reality butts in and said lofty goals don't get accomplished. Going on vacation the first week of December was the beginning of my most recent downward spiral. Then came my incredible ability to over-commit to people and agree to things I don't have time to do, sick kids, Christmas parties, birthdays, cooking dinner, doing service and Christmas preparation. All of which is really nothing more than reality. But a reality that is so much more than I was ready for. I started making progress this week and then I got sick. It felt like I backtracked through all my progress and hard work. Again, that's life and even though my to do list is rather long, I feel like I can breath. Because of the holidays, no one is expecting any work from me before the 26th. Jason will have some time off and has agreed to help me good clean the house (my only Christmas wish). And most of the busyness in the next week is fun busyness.

Things I'd like to blog about: my thoughts on the tragedy in Connecticut and Mormon feminists

Things I'll definitely blog about, no matter how long it takes: our trip to California that was lots and lots of fun and Clara turning 6 (last night she told Jason: Dad, you better say goodbye to me as a 5 year old, because tomorrow I'll be six) and why I want to give her a redo

Today was comical. I was annoyed I have been sick and behind on work because I didn't get to make Clara's birthday special. Jason's old company hadn't done a Christmas party in years. I love company Christmas parties. His new company was doing one. But guess who was sick and didn't go? Yeah, me. I cried like a 10 year old. While we were getting the kids ready, Hazel went to my nightstand drawer where I was hiding one of Jason's gifts, took the gift out and went and gave it to Jason. Awesome. I laughed. Jason and I laughed hard. I love laughing with him. Obviously she didn't have a clue what was going on, she just found the wallet we bought for daddy and wanted to give it to him. Then Jason went to put the stroller in the back of my car where he found another one of his gifts. He brought it in, laughing, and said, "You should wrap this too." If only I'd known he was going to open the car.

Clara and Hazel got to go to the party with Jason and I stayed here. I decided to make the most of it, stop feeling sorry for myself and enjoy some downtime. I relaxed, actually sat down to eat and ate without interruption, tied bows on gifts and now I'm blogging. I think I'll go to bed early too. I can do everything tomorrow that I should do tonight.

Here are my girls ready to go to the party with Jason. I almost returned this cardigan that I got Clara for her birthday, but once she put it on, I was so glad I didn't. And Hazel smiled for a picture and then stared at me for about 30 seconds with this crazy face.

3 comments:

Beka said...

HEY i'm finally reading blogs again! well at least this one post:) Good for you for chilling out and getting some rest- you are definitely overworked, underpaid, crazy momma:) sorry you are sick tho. LOVE the early present fiasco- so funny:)

lets hang out next sat eh?

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

How are you feeling today? Any better? HEC (now Atwell) was very family oriented. It makes me happy that they are doing better and that Jason works there now. I may not like everyone I worked with, but it was a good company. And next year you will get to go to the company party. ;)

Brenden+Nikki said...

Can't wait to hear your take on Mormon Feminists. I've been reading all the debates and have been entertained by the discussions. I am in no way a feminist and have never understood how women can feel inequality in our church. I've never felt more honored as a woman as I have since I joined the church. Anyway, I ran into this article and loved it:

http://mormonscholarstestify.org/1718/valerie-hudson-cassler

I hope you feel better!

Also happy birthdays to Clara and Hazel!