Thursday, December 13, 2012

I Love Him

Vacation is always a little taxing, but I learned that over-committing my time to work and having a chaotic weekend (two Christmas parties, a baptism, a dance recital and hosting a family dinner) following a vacation creates the perfect storm. Hazel getting sick and waking up all night until 5am only compounded the situation. But after lots of stress, an average of 4 hours of sleep since Sunday night and sticking to my rigid schedule, I finally feel like I am catching up and am hopeful that the worst is over. So, moving on to him...

We had lunch with Jason at Pei Wei yesterday and I might have cried in the restaurant. A man sitting near us asked Jason if he could do a big favor: move Hazel's high chair out of the path so he could get by on his motorized scooter. Without hesitation, Jason got up, moved the high chair and then proceeded to clear the entire path from the man's table to the door, including a sign. He then waited for the man to saddle up on his scooter and slowly exit so he could replace the sign in its proper spot. It reminded me of our recent trip to California when we went out to eat and he very casually asked our server to put Alexis' food on our tab before it ever became awkward. He is so cognizant of the needs of those around him and I love that he steps up without complaint to help others. In both situations, I felt like the luckiest girl in the restaurant. Every time something like this happens, my heart swells with joy knowing that wonderful man is my husband. And when my heart can't swell anymore, I cry. Jason is one of the most thoughtful people I know and sometimes I get a teensy bit jealous that all his time helping others isn't spent helping me. But, it makes me so happy to watch him serving and helping those he loves and perfect strangers alike. I love him.
Angela took a few photos of us and this one turned out pretty great.

5 comments:

Emily Widdison said...

ahhhhh....so sweet
AND that is a GREAT picture of the two of you!

holly & anthony said...

You make a beautiful couple!! I hope you can catch up on your sleep!

Lisa said...

What a sweet story. Also, that is a great picture of you two!

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

That is a wonderulf picture of you two! I love it!

I have been guilty of feeling jealous of Brandon's time spent elsewhere... but then I so grateful for a husband that is so willing to sure other people, and will literally drop everything to help people. Isn't it just wonderful to have a great husband! :)

Jen said...

I love proud moments like that :)
Like, i'm so proud of my hubby- kind of moments :)