I've decided I could plan parties for a living. Or even just for fun all the time. I love it. I feel like it gives me an opportunity to branch out from my little black and white accounting world and discover my creative side. (It may be small, but it exists). I feel like I learn with each one and after another few, I might start calling myself an expert. I will say, it is really hard for me to plan when I don't know how many people will be coming. That's the biggest detail that tends to stress me out. Anyway, we had Beka's shower at my house and the theme in my head was 'how does your garden grow' which really just meant I wanted flowers every where. Did I mention I planted 50 flowers to give as favors? And did I mention they all grew? From seed? And what about the day Jason texted me saying he'd just destroyed them all with the blower, did I mention that? Luckily Beka's friend that helped me with the shower came to the rescue and made some delicious (and cute) flower cupcakes. (They were so good, I ate 3 in one day and I'm not a big fan of cake.) Back to the actual shower. Besides running really, really behind, everything turned out nicely. Beka's MIL came early to help and I can't imagine how much later I'd have been without her. I loved the streamers (although I would have liked double the amount and wish I had a close up to show you how awesome they were) and the freshly potted flowers on the tables. I also loved the giant flowers Karen let me borrow. Those will never get old.
We had a salad bar, fruit, rolls and dessert. I made some makeshift cherry limeade as a drink and I thought it was pretty gross, but apparently everyone else liked it.
I loved those potted flowers (and the eclectic collection of pots) so much, I still have them all sitting on my kitchen table.
Happy baby Beka!

2 comments:
ugh! i hate that pic of me- so HUGE!! at least you look good right:)? Thanks again Anna- it was so nice of you to think of me and to plan it & carry it out- it was perfect; simple & beautiful- thanks for being a great BFF all these years- you rock!!
You plan beautiful parties! I love it!
Post a Comment