Monday, July 2, 2012

Cousin Time

A few weeks ago my mom went to Utah and brought Emma and Lucas back with her. We took advantage of that and spent lots and lots of time with them and other cousins that week.
The majority of the time was spent swimming, but we also played with bubbles, watched Jason's softball games, had movie time at Kathryn's and had a few sleepovers. First, they all slept at my parent's and then a few nights later, they all slept at Kathryn's. With working, two sleepovers in one week was too much for me. I missed my little Clara a little too much and was having major withdrawals. Knowing I had to work the next day just made it worse.  Clara, on the other hand, had a marvelous time and I'm glad I let her spend time with her cousins. I just kept her close during the weekend and again on Monday to fill the void created from all the time apart during the week. 

 
Emma is a mini-Lilly and was ever so helpful. She's also polite and thanked me multiple times for doing simple things for her (like letting her come to my house). Lucas is a sly little guy and makes me laugh. He says the funniest things. Underneath his little tough guy deviousness, he's just looking to be loved and have fun like every other kid.
Daniel also came along and we went to dinner with him one night and got to see him periodically throughout the week. This picture makes me smile. I love to see my siblings happy and doing well.

1 comment:

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Great pictures. How fun that they got to spend so much cousin time together. I go through withdrawls when I haven't seen my kids in what I define is too long (even if it is just a short period of time.)