Thursday, May 17, 2012

Story Time

The worst part about getting so far behind on my blogging is missing the simple little stories of every day life. So here's an attempt.

Too bad my grated skin is the same color as grated romano cheese. Too bad because I was really looking forward to adding the cheese to my dressing.
 Debbie cleaned my floors the day of Karen's shower. Wow, right?
 For a while I made oatmeal crepes for breakfast. Clara loved getting a little sugar for breakfast.
Our friends Rob and Heather were in town a month or two ago so we had a little get together. I am so grateful for such good friends. I have such neat friends and I am glad we still get together at least a few times a year when the out-of-staters come for a visit.
One day it appeared to be giant day at the Ranch Market. First up, giant cucumbers.
 Next up, giant cauliflower (we ate that thing for a week).
Arizona has such beautiful skies. I love sitting in my front yard or on the porch at sunset.
Clara had another parent program. This one was for the African Savannah habitat and it was so awesome. I especially loved their little outfits. The little "room" was a veterinarian hut, complete with glasses, stuffed animals and giant shots.
I went to pick up the girls from Kathryn's one day and stayed for a wedding. Lucy and Clara made their black skirts and then were the flower girls for Elsa. Don't you love the stunning neon yellow wedding dress?
Hazel got her first trim on 4.28.2012. She didn't really have a mullet yet and the back looked okay if it was laying down. But when it wasn't, she looked a bit homeless. Jason was gone so Clara was my photographer. I told my mom about it. She said, "Why'd you get rid of her curls?" To which Clara said, "We didn't! We saved them!" She was referring to the little lock of hair I saved from her first hair cut. Ha ha.
I've been experimenting with my hair. My hair is so fine and I've never been able to feel good on the days I don't wash my hair (which used to be rare). Now by using lots of product, "washing" with just conditioner and using my dry shampoo, I can go a few days without it and I think it looks better.
Margo loves me. This is just from one of her visits to my house.

3 comments:

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I love parent programs for school. they are always so fun!

I love the look on Clara's face while she is holding the cauliflower! awesome!

Beka said...

who was supposed to email me those pics of the get together:)?

holy cucumber/cauliflower!!

clara's preschool sounds pretty awesome!!!

cute hair- maybe we should hang out sometime and we can play hair salon:)

debsfreckles said...

pretty sure Clara should wear a head dress all.the.time.