Sunday, April 15, 2012

All In A Days Work

Since I like to copy people, I decided to take pictures of my day just like Debbie did a few weeks ago. I picked a day during Spring Break. I loved Spring Break. I loved having Clara around just a little bit more. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do without her around as much next year. Breath in. Breath out. I'll deal with it when it comes.

Anyway, our day started by grinding wheat.
We had breakfast
Baked some bread
I showered while the bread was baking - anyone else think this window in my shower is awesome? If only it was a little higher, my upper body wouldn't be visible to anyone in our backyard.
Mmmm, got the bread out
I finished getting ready with my little sidekick
Clara made our PB&H sandwiches for the park
We met up with Beka and her boys for lunch at the park. Hazel ate her sandwich. And my sandwich. And 1/2 of one from Beka. Oh, and carrots, blueberries and grapes. Do you blame me for calling her a pig?
Clara came crying to me with a pretty bad sore. There was sand caked in the blood (this was after I washed it out). Apparently a boy "threw her to the ground". Of course my mother bear instinct went wild. I found the boy and showed him what he did to her and calmly (I think) told him he needed to be more careful. He apologized right away and later his mom came up to me and apologized. I don't think he was trying to hurt her, so I wasn't upset. Well, I was at first, but when I went up to him and the first thing he did was apologize, I realized it was just an accident.
We came home and while Hazel napped, Clara and I ate suckers and played a few games of Guess Who?
When Hazel woke up, Clara got in there before me and stuck the sucker through the crib. Hazel grabbed it and all I could think of was, "Don't feed the animals!"
Hazel got to hold the sucker for a little bit, which made her super happy.
Then we went to the hospital to see baby Margo. Okay, really I needed Angela to sign a tax return, but that makes me sound like a lawyer attacking helpless people in the hospital. Which I'm not. My kids weren't 100% healthy so my mom watched them outside while I went in. I loved that Angela's room was on the ground floor, first one from the entrance so my kids got to see Margo through the glass. Clara was super bummed she couldn't go in, so this made life a little easier for her.
From the hospital we stopped and got dinner and went to Clara's first t-ball practice. Hazel dug my gum out of my purse so I let her eat a piece.
We didn't exactly have time to eat, so we ate in the car after practice.
Then it was bath time.
And bed time. I love crawling into bed with Clara, wrapping my arms around her and talking to her about her day. Sometimes we have serious conversations, sometimes we giggle and sometimes I just sing to her.
PS Bonus points to anyone that finds the special surprise in this post. HA HA HA.
PPS Why doesn't anyone blog anymore? Or comment? I feel like blogland is turning into a cyber ghost town.

7 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

what sort of toy is that in the bathtub!??

Great post. I love it. Love the one of you and Clara snuggling in bed.

I'm with you on blog ghost town. But, take heart, I'm pretty sure we're all still reading each others' blogs - we're just not commenting as much.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I thik the special surprise is that we could see you naked from the backyard if you are showering... that would surprise me. ha ha!

I love this post idea. I may have to steal it as well. :)

Jen said...

Your are such a great Mom! So Serious!!!! This is a great idea.
You comment about my project motivation and were it comes from- well, just so u know i have never made bread before, so you have me beat big time in that department :)

I know seriously, no one blogs anymore. Facebook is taking over the world- haha!

Love Camille's comment on the shower- heehee ;)

Lindsay said...

I agree about the Blogger Ghost Town. I have been trying to blog more because I have to remind myself that it's my family journal and I can print it. I can't print the random and useless comments on Facebook.

I love the idea of documenting your day, I think I may steal this idea for a future post.

Surprise... I saw a random something in the tub as well.

David and Jana said...

Wow. Is that poop in the bathtub? :) What a fun ending to your day! I do read your posts, even though I don't always have time to comment!!

Kami Milliron said...

I try to keep up with my blog. I used to be the best Blogger ever but Josh is sooooo busy all day that I just don't have the time : ( And when I am not chasing him around, I am on the phone with Dr's regarding Douglas. But I keep up with your blog for sure ! I am going to look back at your post and find that special surprise !

angela hardison said...

that surprise... nasty!

instagram > blogger
when are you getting a smart phone?!