Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Musings

Baths: That bath I took Friday night was probably one of less than 5 baths I've taken in the last 10 years. They feel great, but I can't think about them too much. They are borderline gross to me and the amount of water I use can stress me out if I'm not careful.

Word Verification: If I type the word verification incorrectly and it makes me try again, I worry it was because my comment was dumb or was grammatically incorrect so I will often re-read my comment and change it.

Smart Phone: It's hard going back to a menu-driven operating system (do I even know what that is?). I also wish I had a better camera on my phone. My last one was pretty decent for a non-Smart Phone phone. Which is why I almost decided to get a Smart Phone. And then they laid off 5 people at Jason's company. You see why I'm struggling here?

Operating Systems: Quote from Clara to Jason - "Can you go to the other operating system so I can play that one game?" Yeah, I wish Mr. Cell Phone Man had heard that. Not only do I know what an OS is but so does my 5 year old.

Church: No matter how put together I feel at the beginning of Sacrament Meeting, I feel like a wreck 65 minutes later when it ends. I have crumbs and other food all over me, toys strewn everywhere, snot wiped up and down my clothing, the contents of my purse seems to have multiplied when it's no longer contained in my purse and I feel worn out trying to keep Hazel quiet for the entire hour+ meeting. (For the record, we didn't have to take her out once today).

Visiting Teachers: In our church, all of the women 18 and older are paired up and assigned to visit other women. We call it visiting teaching. We do this to make sure everyone is being watched out for and so people can form relationships and have friends to rely on in times of need. The two ladies I visit are both pretty neat, but also both very different. Case in point, I took both of them something this afternoon just for fun. Lady #1: a plate of fresh (and delicious) homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Lady #2: a bag of turnips fresh from my garden. Both of them loved what they got and would not have traded for the other.

Cleaning: Hazel makes messes about 4 times faster than I can clean. As far as I'm concerned, this leaves me with two options: a.) clean while Hazel is making a mess and have a messy house or b.) play with Hazel when she's awake and have a messy house. I think I'll play. (Obviously, have you seen my house lately?)

Seasons: Now that it's warming up and our orange trees are blossoming, it smells absolutely lovely all around. Lately I've been thinking how much I love this time of year. I love the smells, the weather, the juicing and the nearing of summer. I realized I kind of feel like that every time we enter a new season. I love spring for so many reasons. And then when I've enjoyed those things for a season, I enjoy summer for all the reasons there is to enjoy summer. That continues, all year, from season to season. I feel that way about life too. I loved dating. I loved being newly married. I loved having a baby. And now I love having a 5 year old and a 1 year old. It's even like that with my kids. I love that Clara is reading. I love that she is helpful and can go play at friend's by herself. I love that she helps me clean and can cook. I love that she is independent but loves me and always wants to be near me. I love that Hazel is exploring her independence and throws fits when she doesn't get her way. I love that she just crawls every where and sees no reason to walk. I love that she examines so many things and makes a mess everywhere she goes. I love that she isn't afraid when other people hold her but I am the one she wants when she's sad or hurt. There are reasons to love and enjoy every season, both in nature and in life.

1 comment:

Rachel+Co said...

hello, hello! i'm still alive, just super busy. loved catching up here today, especially your experience with the phone guy at costco. maybe don't treat people like retards and you'll be more successful in your business. i should take this advice for my tax clients.

anyway, love ya!