Friday, February 17, 2012

Park

Clara begged me to take her to the park yesterday. She didn't want to play outside at our house and she didn't want to go on a walk. I had 5 really good reasons not to go:
  1. It was almost 5pm. Dinner was around the corner (not that I was cooking... haven't tried that since Sunday).
  2. It was cold. I've been cold all week, ever since the highs dropped below 75*.
  3. I had hours and hours and hours of work to get done. Just so you know, if you ignore your accounting for 2 years and then try to get it done super fast because the IRS is at your throat, it's likely to stress me out.
  4. I had no less than 4 loads of laundry to fold. Which reminds me, the jeans are still in the drier and they are going to stink. Gross.
  5. The house was gross. Things were picked up, but I hadn't wipe the counters and table and that bothers me.
So, we went to the park. After all, I had two even better reasons to go.

7 comments:

debsfreckles said...

Good for you. You are such a good mama.

Brenden+Nikki said...

Hazel looks 100% you in that pic where she's swinging. I think you guys have the same smile.

JLynn said...

Wish I was there to still help. Love you

Ashley Harris said...

I feel like that is a constant tug of war every single day- all the things I 'have' to do vs. enjoying the time I have with this tiny things while they are still tiny and want to hang out with me.

I can't even imagine throwing a job into the mix. You are amazing. And it looks like fun!

Jen said...

it's so hard to do everything.
and the whole priority thing is a killer.

Good for you though. u r a good mom!!!

Heather Williams said...

Love all your photos from the park... so artsy and fun!

Lindsay said...

good for you! i need to do this more often.