This week felt so busy. My days were filled with irregular things so I didn't have my usual time to get my regular things done. I usually get the most done Tuesday through Thursday. Hazel sleeps most of the time Clara is at school so I exercise, study my scriptures, make my bed, clean the kitchen, shower and work during those few hours. Once that's out of the way, I can spend the rest of my day with my kids, running errands, making dinner, etc. If I have a lot of work to do, I'll do it in the afternoon during Hazel's nap and Clara's quiet time. Anyway, my point is, if I don't have that one or two block of time to get things done, I get really behind, which is what happened this week. There were a few days that from the time I took Clara to preschool, I didn't have a second in the day that I wasn't a.) somewhere else or b.) at home with someone at my house until dinner time. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, just a little crazy.
Saturday morning I finally found a bit of motivation and felt like I accomplished so much. Finally. I'm hoping I have many days like Saturday next week. For starters, we went to Dunkin' Donuts to celebrate that Clara turned 5 years and one month old. She said, "Aren't you glad we could celebrate because I'm 5 years and 1 inches tall?" Yeah, something like that, Sweety, or maybe I'm just lazy and really wanted a donut. Seriously though, I spent the rest of the day accomplishing things on my to do list. A little fun, a little personal, a little family and a little work. I made dinner, cleaned the kitchen and had the kids in bed by 8pm. Then I folded 6 loads of laundry.
Thoughts from the week:
At church we sat behind a woman recently widowed. As I looked endearingly at Jason 3 feet away, I couldn't help but feel so sad for. How she must mourn for her companion. Someone to hold her, love her, talk to her, kiss her, etc., etc. I'd be so lonely. Just the thought makes my heart ache.
Politics kind of drive me nuts. For starters, I can not stand attack ads. I think it's so childish to run ads that bash other candidates. Everyone does it and while I see sometimes it's important to shed some light on things that have happened, I wish everyone would find a more tactful way. There's also two people in our ward running for the same position. Awkward.
I still have not decided where to put Clara for school. It's stressing me out. I did narrow it from 3 to 2 choices, so that's progress at least. Decisions that might strongly influence the future drive me nuts. I think my decision is going to come down to whether having a shorter day (an hour and a half shorter) is worth a tougher curriculum. I don't think I'm as worried about Clara struggling with a stricter curriculum as I am - I'm lazy, remember?
Life is good. Sometimes I get worried if I'm not dealing with a trial, because I assume that means it won't be long until something happens. I realized, however, that part of life isn't being subjected to trials every minute. Life has it's ups and downs and it's okay to enjoy the ups while they last.
Jason is losing his mind. All night he's been saying and doing really obnoxious things and then laughs like George McFly. Apparently that's a guy from Back to the Future? I have no clue what he's talking about so I just watch him laugh like a weirdo and then laugh hysterically at himself. Of course that makes me laugh. Tonight he said maybe Clara's pillow pet is hibernating when we couldn't find it. Don't worry, it's an elephant and Clara was quick to remind Jason, "Elephants don't hibernate!" He also, very seriously, suggested maybe he ate it. Oh, and I can't forget when I said, "I can feel where my stomach muscles separated." And he said, "That's just your fat rolls." Or when I shivered and he asked me if I just peed my pants.
Pictures from the week:
Not sure why, but I let Clara stay in our bed all night for the first time of her life

Hazel sporting her leg warmers
AMY with cousins
Good night.

3 comments:
I love having consistant days, its nice to know that others get a little thrown off and its challenging to get back to routine.
I love Clara's dress, and Hazels leg warmers, your girls are adorable!
Its funny cause Jason looks like he is giving some kind of gangster sign in your sleepy picture. funny funny.
I just said that exact thing about life being too good the other day. My life feels perfect so a trial must be coming, right?
I have had simular thoughts about widowed relatives. When my cousins (both of them) started dating again, it made me happy for them, but I honestly would hate to have to start dating again.
I love the leg warmers. And Jason's comment about the fat rolls cracked me up (because it wasn't Brandon saying it... because if it were, I'd be crying... then laughing...)
Post a Comment