Monday, January 30, 2012

Lazy Mornings

I don't like waking up early. I don't like rushing to get ready, eating breakfast quickly or running out the door to get somewhere by a certain time. That was one of my favorite parts of leaving full time work after Clara was born. I like to take my time. I love laying around in bed, snuggling with my kids, taking my time to make a good breakfast, eating slowly while talking and laughing with Clara and enjoying the warm, soft morning sun shining through the windows.After breakfast, I love lounging in my pj's while we play and I clean up the kitchen. In the last 5 years, there have been times where we had to get somewhere early. There were bouts of working. Last year we had school one day a week. This year we're up to three days a week, but it has always been 9am or later. I am dreading next year when we have school 5 days a week and it will be earlier. It terrifies me and tempts me to home school. I guess home schooling because I'm lazy is a bit of an oxy-moron. I also guess that means I need to prepare for the inevitable when I don't have lazy mornings. Until then, I'll continue to enjoy my lazy mornings while they last.

3 comments:

Jen said...

we are VERY lazy in the mornings too.
we hardly ever leave the house till 10:00. I love just lounging.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

There is always lazy Saturday and Sundays :)

angela hardison said...

i'm enjoying my lazy mornings too, when i don't have work obligations and appointments to wake up at 6:30 for (like yesterday).

even though i hate 2:00 church on sundays, it does make the mornings really relaxing.