We started our celebration with dinner at Aunt Chilada's. I was expecting a delicious meal and did not care for my food one bit, or Jason's for that matter. I'm pretty sure Jason's shredded beef was canned and I'm pretty certain my tilapia was not fresh (I'm a fish snob - it's got to be fresh {or fried, ha!} to be good). I was really bummed. I can handle sub par food that's cheap, and excellent food that's pricey, but pricey sub par food? That irritates me.
Fortunately, things got better from there. Our room, or villa as they called it, was very nice. The timing of our little date was poor. Jason has probably worked more this week than any other week in the last year. I've worked more this week than any other week for probably 6 months. Needless to say, from about 8:00pm on, we were both fighting to stay awake. On the bright side, I suppose it was good timing because we got to sleep in and relax Saturday morning.
When we did wake up (I'll be honest, I was paranoid I would sleep too long, so I woke up at 6am... then 7am... and then got up at 8am), we had a nice conversation about us, our kids and life. I am so grateful that we agree on so many things when it comes to parenting. For starters, we both woke up with the same thought: one night was plenty, we were ready to get back to our kids. We have happy, fun, easy, good kids and as of now, don't feel an urgent desire to "get away". Not to mention seeing them enjoy things alongside us means double the fun.

As much as we missed our kids, we decided this is a good annual tradition. Having so much time to visit and relax alone was quite enjoyable. Maybe next time, we might even leave town. If not, it won't matter as long as we're together.

5 comments:
I'm glad you got away for a night and had a great anniversary ! Tyler and I are the same way that you and Jason are . . we would rather stay with our kids or take our kids with us than leave them. We don't ever " get away " and we're both totally okay with that. We went to a cabin for 3 days for one of our anniversaries a few years ago. Douglas ( we only had him at the time ) stated with my Mom. I think I called her 3 times a day, everyday that we were gone. As we spent time together, we'd slip in things like " I wonder what Douglas is doing right now "
We love being with our kids too : )
what a fun staycation. a little self pampering is nice. Brandon and I are like you and Jason. We love hanging out with our kiddos. They are a big part of us. I do; however, enjoy a little date here and there. :)
We don't leave our boys much at all either. However, it is a good thing to do once in awhile, especially to celebrate something like an anniversary. Happy Anniversary!
Aw that sounds like fun. Brenden and I are the same with our kids. Not that we don't enjoy being alone together but we seriously love looking for activities that we know the kids will get a kick out of. We can't help it! It's so much fun watching them be so fascinated when we do something new and I guess we'd hate to miss any minute of what they discover. I know we need to eventually...it's good for them too, but they are only tiny like this once and I'd rather save the extended vacations for when they're grown and with their own families. That's why I never get the couples who go to Disneyland and leave their kids at home. The WHOLE time we'd be like "Collin would LOVE that!" "what would Elle do if she saw that?" and then I'd probably start crying because I missed them ha ha. Anyway, what I COULD definitely handle is just one morning to sleep in, a breakfast eaten in peace where I get to eat first without little fingers picking at my plate, and maybe an afternoon nap and massage. After that, I'd be recharged :). So I think your guys anniversary was perfect ;). Happy Anniversary!!
glad you guys were able to go, and that i was able to spend time with your sweet little girls.
Post a Comment