On the 22nd of October, Hazel pulled herself up all by herself. Considering this was only about a week after she pulled herself onto her knees for her first time, I was proud of my mellow little I'm-not-going-to-move-anymore-than-I-have-to baby. Plus, she made it before 1o months.
On November 1st, I noticed her 7th tooth coming in. She was pretty crabby on Saturday and Sunday but happier on Monday. I forgot to check it then, but I'm assuming it broke through on the 31st and I just noticed it the 1st.
She loves making noise with her mouth. Brbrbrbrbr, vbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt - I even got a picture of it. How do you people expect me not to squeeze and kiss these cheeks 100 times a day?

She acts super shy and pushes her head back into my chest when someone tries to get her to smile.
She's not a fan of guys. Sometimes she likes them, but usually, she's not into them. Especially if she's never seen them before.
Keeping her full is tiring. She eats so much, which means I've had to be extra diligent about making sure I have things to feed her. Example dinner: 1/3 cup beans, 1 cup steamed veggies about 1/3 of an apple (I ate the skin off and she ate gnawed away until there was about an inch of the core left). She'll eat two whole pancakes for breakfast with about 12 giant grapes. You see why I have a hard time keeping up. I don't usually buy baby food and while we almost always have fresh fruits and vegetables, that doesn't mean they are steamed and infant ready.
This week she has been crawling more than she "limps". It's so cute watching her long skinny body. She is very, very slow and cautious.
She waves (with a lot of coaxing), says da da, ma ma and dog (much to Jason's dismay). It makes me laugh to see how much my kids love animals. They don't just tolerate them, they LOVE them.
Hazel loves going outside and if I go open the door in preparation for Clara getting home from school but don't actually go outside, she cries.
She also cries every time I lay her down to change her diaper.
Her new trick is to throw her little blankie over her crib before nap time and cry until I come get it for her. She's only done it a few times, so hopefully that phase is over. Because she's not into crying herself to sleep. She'll cry for 2 hours if I let her. (She only did this twice and then luckily, the excitement of it wore off).
She throws fits when she doesn't get what she want or when I take something away. Today she bit a hole in the bag of cheese crackers (in about .5 seconds) and started crying the biggest tears ever when I took it away.
She can hold her own bottle and sippy cup, but usually loses interest much quicker when it's not held for her.
She shakes her head back and forth a lot when I'm playing with her. Then she waits for me to do something back, even if it's just laughing. She also does this and moves her body when she hears music.
She adores Clara and always wants to follow her, smiles when she sees her and laughs when Clara kisses her goodnight.
I'm not really sure how to describe her personality. She is super mellow, calm and quiet, unless she wants something. When she wants something, she's very determined, strong-willed and fiesty. She is curious, but also content. This means she didn't bother opening a kitchen cupboard until a few weeks ago. Now every time we're in the kitchen that's all she wants to do.
When she gets excited, she kicks her legs super fast and super hard. In the bathtub she splashes like crazy from kicking so hard. Of course she makes noises to go along with it.
She dug in the trash for the first time a few nights ago. I left the kitchen for just a few seconds and when I came back, she'd already crawled from the table to the trash can, pulled herself up and was helping herself to a cucumber. She doesn't normally move fast, but I suppose if anything gets her moving, it'd be food. I never had to worry about this with Clara because we had a tall garbage can with a lid.
She is getting less and less cuddly, which is awful since she wasn't cuddly to begin with. For naps and night time, I used to be able to hold her in my arms and sing a song. Now, she pushes away after just a few seconds. I don't even really sing to her before bed anymore, I just hug her for a few seconds and lay her down.
She is super, super ticklish. Just rubbing my head on her belly gets her giggling hard. Which is extra funny since she has such a cheesy, toothy grin.

Q&A
Why is Hazel usually in a dress? Because I take a lot of pictures on Sundays since that's the only time she wears a headband.
Why is she wearing the same headband in all these pictures? Because I just made it and I think it's really cute.
Why is she so skinny even when she nurses 4 times a day and eats 3 meals? Good question, no answer.
Why is Hazel so cute? Because she looks just like I did when I was a baby.
Why is Hazel so mellow? Because she acts just like Jason did when he was a baby.
Did I miss anything?


6 comments:
That headband is super cute and so is Hazel!
Yeah I would kiss her cheeks a hundred times a day too! :) She is so adorable.
Ha ha I love all those pictures! And I love little Hazel.
LUV the headband and that top pic :) such a cutie!! amazing how different siblings can be eh?
Cute photos. The headband is adorable just like Hazel.
i like that she smiles when she sees me and reaches for me to hold her. unlike what she does when clint tries to hold her... haha
Post a Comment