Purpose: Emma's baptism
Consequences: lunch at Pizzeria 712 (just me and Rachel - no kids {bonus #94 of traveling with Jason}), snow, learning (through his prayer) that Lucas is thankful "for our 206 bones", the baptism, seeing Daniel and Steven looking great (especially in white shirts and ties - so handsome), baptism dinner, the Levis, The Nobles and of course many, many laughs.
The drive: We decided to drive all night again. I didn't have a turn until after 5am. I love driving during sunrise. It gives me time to ponder on the sun. How it lights up the world before we can see it. So many parallels to the Son. Plus, I get to see Jason cuddle up with a flowered blanket.


Seeing Family: Steven loves, loves, loves kids and they love him. I loved visiting him and Daniel, talking with Rachel and laughing at Lucas. He does his hair over and over all the time, by himself. Anyone think his mohawk is inappropriate for church?


Snow: I was so excited to see a light dusting of snow Saturday morning when we woke up. I knew Clara would be so excited.

The baptism: What's not to love about baptisms?


The after party: What's not to love about good food and awesome people?







The Levis: Kiri and I think way too much alike - I wish I could convince her to move back to AZ.

Random: Lucas spends more time on his hair than Clara.

The Nobles: Always good, hearty conversations with Jen.

Cousins: Not only does Clara love her cousins, but some of them are boys! She doesn't spend much time with her boy cousins... since she's only got three and they all live out of state. Rachel's kids love and adore my kids and play so well with them.


Random: Cutest shows Hazel owns. I bought these when I was pregnant before Hazel.

iGenius: Rachel was showing Hazel her iPhone and Hazel would take her little ET finger and slide down on it.

Random: pretty temple

The trip home: I almost wanted to drive all night just so my kids would sleep and we wouldn't have to stop 3 times. We decided not to and although we did stop 3 times, making our trip over 12 hours, Clara and Hazel were great. Hazel didn't cry once. She squawked a few times when it was getting close to feeding time, but after a few Cheerios she stopped. We had snow most of the way home, so that was fun. Although, the roads weren't bad and if they were, it wouldn't have been fun. Clara is always a little wild in restaurants when we're traveling. She hops up and will just start dancing around. I don't blame her. Oh, and these thermals cracked me up. I bought them a while ago on clearance, but just opened the package in Utah. The pants were super short and fat - not exactly Clara's type. Hopefully they'll shrink a bit.



Why must my sisters live in different states? Visiting with them and hanging out never gets old. It seems so cruel that life allows siblings to be separated by state lines. These people that I can relate to so much, that I feel comfortable around and at home in their houses and that treat my kids like their own. I often wonder why can't we all live in the same neighborhood. Of course I know the answer, but that doesn't mean I don't wish for a different reality.
8 comments:
Family time is the best. Sounds like you had a fun trip.
you are such a great blogger. an even better friend! thanks for visiting me. i love our visits and they are never long enough. it's always so fun to chat.
i love that you and clara have matching twin smiles. always so beautiful.
Your comment about Clara and her boy cousins reminded me to tell you that she can really hold her own with them. Last night she was beating up Kevin and Christy's boys (complete with Karate kicks) and it was cracking me up.
I'm with your last friend that commented - you and Clara have the same exact smile. That was my first thought when I saw that picture of you two too.
looks like it was a fun trip. you are always so good to travel the distance for family
lots of cute pics
didn't tell me you got to see Jen --yea!!
we need to hang out again & REALLY celebrate your bday ...pedicures?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
looks like a great trip. I bet Clara loved the snow! :) Nice picture of Jason sleeping on the way there. Brandon would have killed me... but then chuckled. :)
Yes, please convince Kiri to move back. :)
Your trip sounds like fun!
does your nephew own a salon? I need someone to do my hair!
still so sad i missed it. also i never realized how much clara and micah look alike?!
Post a Comment