As soon as some of my other responsibilities lighten up a bit, I'll tell you all about our trip, how wonderful Saturday was and the sweet cake Kathryn and I made for Lilly's birthday. Can you believe she's 13? The caboose of our family is growing up!
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Emerging From Survival Mode
I can't usually let a week elapse between posting. The truth is, sometimes I go into survival mode. I am just now emerging from survival mode and hoping I can avoid it in the near future. After enjoying a lovely vacation in California with Emily and her family, Angela and my two beebies, I met back up with reality. On top of the usual, I had a tight work deadline which meant I did the bare minimum around the house. I didn't have a spare minute to do anything but work for the first few days after we got back. No laundry (well, it's been washed, just not folded... are you noticing a trend?), no dishes for two days, no getting ready for two days (I did shower, hooray for me), no finishing unpacking, etc. I guess I could have neglected my children too, that does happen on occasion, but luckily, I pretended to be free as a bird when they were awake. This meant plenty of time laying in the grass to read books and have picnics.
As soon as some of my other responsibilities lighten up a bit, I'll tell you all about our trip, how wonderful Saturday was and the sweet cake Kathryn and I made for Lilly's birthday. Can you believe she's 13? The caboose of our family is growing up!
As soon as some of my other responsibilities lighten up a bit, I'll tell you all about our trip, how wonderful Saturday was and the sweet cake Kathryn and I made for Lilly's birthday. Can you believe she's 13? The caboose of our family is growing up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I feel like I know so many of your extended family just by how fun it is to read about all of them on here! :)
Sounds like we need to have a laundry folding party again. I'll bring Footloose. Call me!
what a sweet pic of your girls.
I'm glad you're alive and surviving:)
It was fun talking with you the other day! I think we need more of those moments. I hear you on the going out of town and trying to get back in the swing of things. It is crazy!
i like this picture. hazel looks very amused.
I love Hazel's expressions. They make me laugh in every single picture.
Um, I am totally with you on the laundry. I like doing laundry, I just don't like folding it. As a result, I have piles of clean laundry on my bed for days after washing it. When Ernie is home, he'll usually take pity on my and fold it for me. Ah, how I miss him.
Hurray for climbing out of the hole of survival mode.
Post a Comment