As I mentioned, we took a little trip to California. Staying with Emily and her family turned out to be a great decision. I now know what it feels like to have a personal chef and lots of extra hands always around to help out. It feels awesome!
In addition to just hanging out and enjoying time with Emily and her family, we visited Swirlz (the quaint little candy store that has become a must), watched Justin's football game, laughed about Emily, Mick, Alexis AND Justin all cramming into the back seat (you better believe they loved that bonding experience!), visited the beach and had lunch and visited with Nikki and her two girls. Hazel experienced a lot of firsts during the weekend besides her first trip to California. It was also her first time meeting Mick, first time pulling herself onto her knees (she used my leg a bit, but still, progress!), first time on the beach (which also means she had her first sand feast) and first whole apple (why haven't I done that sooner?). She also met their dog, Sydney, for the first time and laughed so hard when Sydney licked her. They couldn't quite get enough of each other.
I love visiting Emily and her family. I don't know if it's Emily's personality or if it's the fact that she's the oldest of 9. Regardless of the reason, she is always right there to help when she sees someone needing it, especially with babies and little kids. She doesn't mind if she's holding a screaming baby, as long as it means I get a break. She doesn't wait to be asked to help Clara. She doesn't waste any time when she notices someone could use a hand. Even though her kids are teenagers, she is still very aware of what makes little kids (and moms of little kids) happy. It makes it so much easier to enjoy a vacation when she's around.







Photo credit: Angela

I loved having Angela with us. And not just because she taught Clara how two Pringles can turn one into a duck in a matter of seconds. I loved having someone to talk to and laugh with in the car and take candid pictures of my kids. An extra set of hands during pit stops is pretty awesome too. And I could talk about that little miracle in her belly for hours.

Last three pictures thanks to Angela (obviously she didn't take the one of us, but she edited it).

6 comments:
Looks like you all had a wonderful time. I love seeing the pictures Emily, Mick and the kids in addition to the regular cuteness of your little ones!
Isn't it so fun hanging out with family! Love all the pictures in your post.
so, i totally cried when i read/viewed this post. i miss all you guys. why don't you live closer so we can hang out all the time and laugh when things are funny and cry on each other's shoulders when we need it?!
and emily. ah i miss her. she's always been kind and thoughtful like that.
now rachel's comment made me cry. i'm thinking we inherited mom's emotional side. I LOVE MY SISTERS and i wish we could always hang out all the time.
i'm going to forgive you for posting that unflattering picture of my pringle duck face -- because we all know a dose of reality is necessary :)
thanks for letting me tag along.
I'm jealous. I miss California. Not enough to move back, but still.
I saw the pictures Angela posted, too. Looks like you all had a great time. I love impromptu trips. They always turn out to be the best ones.
I always love hearing about your family relationships. You look beautiful in these pictures. Hazel looks really cute too. I think she does look a lot like you and her cousins LELA too.
Post a Comment