Thursday, July 28, 2011
The Last Few Weeks
We laid low the week after we got home from Utah and I actually got a lot done around the house. Then we played all last week and I developed a severe case of laziness that I still haven't found a cure for. Anyway, in the last few weeks, we went to the Bounz House with Lisa and her boys, went to Pump It Up with Suzanne and her kids, went to Jump Street with my friend Katie and her kids and I took just Clara (Hazel stayed home with Jason) to the new Peanuts exhibit at AMY. It's not quite as fun as the fairy tale exhibit they had, but it was okay and I was happy to see they still had the black light room. I'm glad we still get to get on little dates, just the two of us.

Last week Clara did a 4 day performing arts camp. It was from 8:30 - 11:30am. She had a good time, but it totally wore her (and me!) out. They had a little performance on the last day and I wish I would have counted how many times she yawned during the hour. I had to wake her up at five to eight on two of the days and we were still late getting out the door. It made me realize a.) I'm glad she's not starting Kindergarten yet, b.) I need to have quicker breakfast plans when she starts preschool, c.) I'm glad her preschool isn't at 8:30am and d.) I'm glad her preschool isn't 20 minutes away. She had this face for about 10 minutes, which of course was in between yawning sessions.

Of course Clara and her little personality have kept me busy and laughing as well. She taped this mirror on her eye and said, "Look Mom! I'm a pirate!"
The life jacket is to keep her safe. Duh.
And can you guess who clipped these flowers on a headband and put them on Hazel?
Meanwhile, Hazel just goes with it. She thinks Clara is hilarious, laughs when Clara is throwing a tantrum (I think she thinks Clara is laughing when she's screaming) and dodges spoons like you would a disease. Well, only if there is food on them. Otherwise, she's more than happy to take them off your hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
oh I love it all!
Clara really looked tired.
I liked the fairy tale exhibit better at the AMY too, but I loved the little piano. I love the picture of clara riding her bike while wearing her life jacket. That's awesome! And Hazel always makes me smile!
So cute Clara isn't much of a morning girl. So wish that was Nolan. He's up between 6-6:30 every morning and he goes to bed between 8:30-9. The only problem is I am definitely not a morning person. Also not looking forward to kindergarten for that reason.
clara is getting so big.
Post a Comment