Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Here Comes #3...

Did you think I meant kid #3? Yeah right. I'm not crazy enough to have my kids 16 months apart. Not that people that do it are crazy, I’d just be crazy if I did that. I’m talking about Hazel’s 3rd tooth. Her first top tooth broke through Saturday the 23rd, about 6 weeks after the bottom two came in. No wonder she doesn't have any energy to crawl, she's just too busy cutting teeth. She's 7 months old today and tries so hard to move forward, but ends up rolling instead. Between her head and gravity, I understand why. In the event that her head doesn't cause her body to twist and roll, she sticks her legs and arms straight out and yells as she hovers on her belly. Speaking of yelling, she's really been practicing her soprano screams lately. It's kind of cute, but kind of annoying.

I took both girls to the doctor for shots since Clara hasn't been in 2 years (woops!) and Hazel hasn't been since she was born. I knew Hazel would scream so I had them give Clara her shots first hoping to avoid scaring Clara. Clara got two shots, including her MMR (finally!). She said she could hold still and hold still she did. She didn't wince, move, cry, flinch or blink until after they'd put her band aids on and I helped her off the table. She's a champ and as we walked out of the room, she said, "That didn't even really hurt."

Here are the stats:

Hazel
Weight: 15.69 lbs, 26th percentile
Height: 28 inches, 95th percentile
Head:17.5 inches, 87th percentile

Clara
Weight: 33 lbs, 16th percentile
Height: 43.5 inches, 89 percentile

The growth chart percentiles always make me laugh. Have you seen my little butter ball?

And you mean to tell me those rolls only get her into the 26th percentile? I can't imagine how chubby a baby towards the 90th percentile would look. Despite those deceiving rolls of chub, it looks like Hazel is following in Clara's footsteps and is going to grow up to be a toothpick with an orange on top.

7 comments:

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

you do that on purpose... i know it.. ha ha! Congrats Hazel on tooth 3. Noelle didn't even get tooth #1 until her birthday.

And I'm starting to think those charts are just stupid, but that's my opinion. ha ha!

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Way to grow teeth Hazel!

Jen said...

I don't believe those percentiles! Those rolls r adorable, but ya they are totally fading away slowly :(

DeWitts said...

Butter ball, i love it! Your girls are way to cute.

Heather Williams said...

Rob totally had me believing you were having baby #3... until I read you post and found out it was a tooth. Phew... Still waiting for Molly to get tooth #1.

Oh and Molly loves the knobs on our entertainment center just like Hazel... except she was able to get them in her mouth.

Wish we could have seen you while you were here, but it sounds like you were busy having lot of fun.

angela hardison said...

i was a little sad yesterday to realize that she's not quite so chubby anymore. but she's still SO cute.

Kate said...

Your girls are taller than I thought. Ethan used to be tall, then he averaged out. The other two are little shrimps. We laugh though b/c Payton's head is always bigger (percentage-wise) than the rest of her body. Ha ha!