Friday, May 13, 2011

Boyce Thompson Arboretum

Last Friday we took advantage of free admission to the Boyce Thompson Arboretum and had ourselves a gay old time. My initial thought was that it was much like the Desert Botanical Gardens, just further away. However, I was pleased to discover I was wrong. Reasons we stayed for 5+ hours and could have stayed for more.

Giant trees: I think this one was 8 feet in diameter and over 100 feet tall
Good company/cousins
Cacti: They didn't just have cacti native to Arizona, but rather a huge display of cacti from all over the world
The Kid’s Garden: The whole Arboretum was fairly kid-friendly, but the Kid’s Garden had a handful of little activities/attractions just for kids
A good baby
Tree Bark: A wide variety of trees=awesome texture
Flowers: I felt like I could walk down the same path multiple times and notice a new flower each time
Last, but not least, The Bridge
Definitely worth the drive and if I would have had to pay for admission, worth that too.

6 comments:

JLynn said...

Looks beautiful. beautiful pictures too. I love that you appreciate nature and God's creations. Most people do, I just love that you have posts where you point out the beauty that is all around! When are you coming to Utah in July ?:)

Allison Johnson said...

I LOVED the Arboretum when I went, although I was pregnant with Rae and only lasted about 45 minutes before I puked all over myself and decided never to go anywhere pregnant again...

Jen said...

Love the flower and bark collage :)
Looked like a blast!

Lisa said...

I have been wanting to go there. Your pictures make me want to go even more now! Looks like you had a great time.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Wow, it looks beautiful, and neat. I have never heard of the Boyce Thompson Arboretum. I may be looking it up!

Jamie Wilkinson said...

This post is perfect for me. We are coming to Arizona next week and I am just now searching out things to do with Lily while we are there. This looks perfect (if it isn't too hot...Lily is not an Arizona girl, so she has a low tolerance for heat)