Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Some People

To the "branch manager" at Chase:

You did not impress me. When a mother with a toddler and a newborn come in to close an account, the last thing she wants is for someone to waste her time talking down to her and bad mouthing her current bank that she's had for 14 years. The phrases, "I'm not interested" and "I'll keep that in mind" were invented to respond to people like you. I am not dumb and I don't need someone to question and criticize my decisions. I have very specific reasons I use the various financial institutions and products I do. And yes, I do know that the credit card I use is one of the best in the Country. Why do you think I use it? Don't try to guilt me into switching banks, don't try to scare me about the way I bank and definitely don't try to argue your points using irrelevant facts. Seriously. Don't annoy me or I will complain about you on my blog. The only reason I left my account open was because you said having it allows me to earn an extra 10% bonus on my credit card points. Trust me, that is the ONLY reason. I hate to break it to you, but having a relationship with my bank does nothing for me. When it comes to banking, it's all about the money. Remember, that's why I opened the account in the first place. (You should remember since you were rude when I told you that.) It wasn't because I trust you any more than any other bank (Remember when you said, "You trust us with your mortgage, why not all your banking?" Last time I checked you don't get to choose who buys your mortgage. I didn't pick you, you picked me.) In fact, after you pretended you didn't know that there was a Wells Fargo two buildings away in the same parking lot, I didn't trust you much at all.

PS I think you'd make a whole lot better salesman than you do a bank manager.

PPS I use the term "branch manager" lightly for obvious reasons.

11 comments:

Jen said...

ooh I hate people like that!

bill said...

i hate banks, insurance companies, lawyers, and hospitals (when I am the patient)

Kami Milliron said...

Man I hate those type of people !

angela hardison said...

somebody's annoyed! it's okay. i was really annoyed today too when a guy driving in front of me came to a stop in the lane (not in the turning lane) in order to turn left... then when i honked at him, he gave me the evil eye and flipped me off. it almost ruined my day.

did i tell you i signed up for chase? depositing checks via my iphone is amaaaazing.

Deb said...

That is why I never deal with all that stuff and make Ian do it. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have him to take care of certain things for me.

Your "you outta know post" cracked me up. And just so you know, I happen to really like the color of baby poo (well in shirt form anyways)

Jamie Wilkinson said...

If only people realized that everytime they act the fool they are opening themselves up to ridicule in cyberspace....

I despise Chase. I went in to open an account with them only to deal with a similarly-pushy branch manager. Maybe they get paid on commission or something?

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

When I left Chase, I wanted to strangle the "branch manager". I have never been spoken to so rudely before in my life. I'm sorry that you got that treatment as well.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

P.S. I gave you an award on my blog. I got one from Jen and was playing along.

Allison Johnson said...

I don't know what bank you are referring to, but the only bank more trouble than Chase, is BofA. Hate them both. Done with them both...

Rhiannon said...

That is awful. I don't like people like that. I don't care for their word vomit.

kate said...

we bank at chase. can we still be friends? (via blogs anyway.)


but. when landon and i got married we went in to merge our accounts that manager reccommended we keep two seperate accounts because "it's easier when you get divorced." he totally said when. my little fresh-faced-newly-wed eyes had to keep back tears.

now it's just funny.