I got some really bummer news that put a damper on my day. I don't handle death well, even if it's someone I don't know well and am not close to. It numbs me and consumes my thoughts. I feel so sad for the people left here on earth. I feel so helpless.
Little things that helped me enjoy my day despite the sad news:
I bought my first dresser ever. I feel so grown up (although I did make my mom come with me and we did have to use her car to transport it). Until tonight, we haven't owned a dresser. Ironically, I was using an old French provincial style dresser at my parent's when I got married, and that's the same style I purchased tonight.
I got all my W-2's and 1099's mailed.
We are finally getting rid of the pond in our backyard. Jason found a friend that was looking for stuff to build a pond. He gets all of the stuff he needs to build his pond for free and we don't have to find a way to haul it off. Win, win.
My cold sore is going away quickly.
We found the plans to our house. The previous owner told us she had left them in a cupboard, but they weren't there so we assumed the bank tossed them. Jason found them tonight on top of the green wall in the family room. Jason is fascinated by them - they are all hand drawn. I am fascinated because it settles a 4 month dispute regarding the original intent of some of the rooms. I love being right. Oh, and apparently we stuck Hazel in the library.
Jason taped the entire family room so he can start priming the green tomorrow. Now that's exciting.
Too tired to upload pictures... use your imagination. :)

6 comments:
I never handle death well either. the closest I have experienced it has been my great grandparents and even that was a mess.
Yay the pod is coming down. It was cool, but wow what maintenance and mosquito breeding ground, i'm sure.
No, not my green wall ! (j/k, YAY!!!! Did you decided a the color? i can't remember was it a grey color? Anyways, i'm excited!
i wished my cold sore was on its way out.
wow, I'd love to get my hands on some hand drawn plans (preferrably my beautiful house... hmmm... maybe a house in the future) I didn't think your house was old enough to have hand drawn plans.
confession: I do not own one single dresser. How is this possible you may ask after nearly 8years of marriage and three daughters?
It isn't. But we've managed the impossible.
yea on the dresser!! pics? yea for new paint- still going with gray? so who are the men in your backyard?
painting? hooray! i want to see the dresser. and your baby. cursed immune system.
Post a Comment