Tuesday, January 11, 2011

And the sun will shine again

My mom and Lily babysat so Jason and I could go out for our anniversary (7 years!) last night. Our date consisted of me standing at the JC Penny Catalog counter for almost an hour (it should've taken 5 minutes) while Jason waited in the car, running into Motherhood Maternity to buy a nursing bra (fail) and then dessert at Cheesecake Factory (we were left with about 20 minutes in the restaurant thanks to my lovely experience at JCP). If that doesn't scream "happy anniversary!", what does? I think we might have to try that again. Or maybe last night will mark the beginning of having regular date nights. I'd be okay with that.

9 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Weeee! Fun! At least you attempted to celebrate. Chris and I just said, "happy anniversary" to each other on our big day. And at least you got out of the house - just the two of you!

Happy Anniversary!

Beka said...

happy anniversary anna & jason-- cant believe its been 7 years!! sorry your date didnt go as planned- guess you will have to try it again soon--darnit:)!!

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary!
Definitely will have to try another date night real soon & hopefully it goes smoother :)

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Happy Anniversary! I think you deserve another date. :o)

DeWitts said...

Happy number 7! Love the wedding pic.

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary!

angela hardison said...

maybe when i'm better again i can babysit so you can have another date.

i think i'm listening to that same song right now that your title is from. it's so good.

Jamie Wilkinson said...

Hey, dessert at Cheescake Factory sounds like heaven to me (did you know they don't have Cheesecake Factory here? It is a travesty, really.)

Sorry your anniversary wasn't rose petals and soft lighting. There is always next date night. You could just call his one the dry run for the actual anniversary celebration.

So I have had this thing I made a year ago gathering dust in my closet. It is actually for you from a silly blog think I did way back when. I forgot all about it until I started cleaning out closets today. Yeah, I'm lame like that.

Ashley Harris said...

Congrats on your anniversary! It's amazing all the ways that the best laid plans can go awry. Good for you for trying though!!