She always comes up with different names for the baby as well. From Pocahontas to Lisa to Katie. Or the other day it was Hide-n-Seek, but Heidi for short. She talks and sings to the baby through my stomach. When I take pictures of my pregnant self, she loves to sneak into them. She pats and rubs my belly and giggles when she feels the baby move. For a few weeks she was obsessed with the fact that the baby ate whatever I ate. Every time I'd eat something she'd ask if the baby was eating it too. She's also been very curious about what the baby is doing in my stomach, like eating, sleeping, breathing, pooping, etc. etc. Her inquisitive mind gets me thinking too. Isn't amazing that babies get the exact amount of nutrients they need from us so there is no need for them to poop until they are ready to come out?
Occasionally Clara will randomly say, "I want the baby to come out so bad!" or "I want the baby to come out now!" I see I'm not the only one getting impatient. Obviously there will be an adjustment period, but I think Clara is going to love having a baby sister. I know she'll be a good big sister and be a big helper. She loves to help me and I think as long as she's involved in what's going on with the baby, she won't mind the attention the baby demands. I'm so glad for the four years I have had to spend with her, but I think we're both ready to switch up our family dynamics.

4 comments:
So, so cute. I bet you won't have the transition problems we did with such a good little helper!!
Oh that makes me feel better that I'm not the only one blogging instead working on their "to do" list. Only you actually have an excuse for resting. I don't.
Clara is so sweet. I loved reading about how excited she is. That's got to be so fun for you to see her excitement. If she's like Smith, then you'll be good to go. When Adelaide was born I was so worried about him feeling left out and jealous, but the real problem was, he was just mad at me all the time for not sharing her more with him. He would get so mad when I would nurse her because he wanted to hold her and couldn't understand why he couldn't feed her instead of me. He also hit another mom at church to keep her away from "his baby" the first time I brought her to church. Sounds like Clara already has some of that special protective love for her little baby.
blah, blah, blah...sorry that was so long.
I need your address so I can send you a Christmas card.
debcrittenden@gmail.com
She is going to be the best big sister. I confess, I'm quite jealous. I really want to give Lily a little sister (or brother, I suppose)
I loved the last days i had with cooper before brewer came. she really is going to be a awesome big sister.
Post a Comment