Sunday, September 5, 2010

What'd We Do??

Mostly, I'm excited to move. When I got the final call from our realtor saying he'd been given permission to give us the key, I felt giddy.


However, sometimes I have little panic attacks. Can we really afford this house? Should we really be moving? Why'd we buy a house in this economy? How am I going to pack and unpack and clean two houses while I'm pregnant with barely enough energy to make it through a day? (Okay, I already know the answer to that one... friends and family :)). Why am I leaving my quaint little house? Will I like my new house? Will I like the neighborhood? Will I meet friends? What if Jason loses his job? What if we can't find a renter? Am I really willing to make the necessary sacrifices I'll need to? Should we have just bought new furniture for this house? Do I really want to have to stick to a budget again? Would I really rather live in a house that reminds me of my older sister's room in the late 80's/early 90's than my small house that looks nice? Will I be too stressed? Am I okay getting an older used car when we get a bigger car? Etc., etc.


Plus, I sit in this little house of ours and get a little sad. This house is so cozy, has nice coloring and is so simple and so manageable. I know the noises, I know the cracks. I know it's quirks and how things work around it. It's full of so many memories. It's the only place we've lived since we've been married, it's the house we brought Clara home to and it's so familiar.


Am I really ready for a bigger house, more responsibility and all this change? Probably not, but I don't think I would ever be. We obviously never planned to stay in this house forever and considering the circumstances, it was a great time to move. The longer we're here, the harder it will be to leave and at least Clara isn't in school yet. When we considered the price of the house, the low interest rates, the location, the potential and the fact that we'd be moving at some point in the future anyway, it seemed like a very good decision. Most importantly, it felt like the right decision. When I let it, that feeling replaces uncertainty with comfort and I'm back to feeling excited about this big change.

We're trading in money for space and location, crickets and toads for scorpions, desert for city, two citrus trees for a mini citrus grove and familiarity for change and new opportunities. It'll be an adventure!

7 comments:

angela hardison said...

i'll miss your house a little bit too :( and you living so close.

but... i love the new house. peach coloring and all. glad i finally got to see it.

I AM JOE PESCI said...

:)

Please call on me for any help you may need. I know what it's like packing up a house when pregnant. I'll do my best to help you . . . or sabotage the whole process so you can't move.

David and Jana said...

Where can I see your house??? I would love a peek!

Jen said...

It's going to be such an amazing & fun adventure.
It's a perfect time to buy (I wish we could buy another house too)
This seems like your dream house, I'm so jealous.
When we moved out of our 1st home I was very emotional too.

When we bought our current home I was prego too & remember we remodeled it too and moved in when Mack was 1 month old.
You can totally do it & don't be afraid to ask for help.

Loves! & try not to stress, just have fun :)

Bekah: said...

Congratulations, how exciting and overwhelming all wrapped into one. Michael and I have spent the past few weeks seeing house after house with our realtor, it is a great time to buy but it is hard for me to swallow all the money. Sometimes I forget were actually grownups with a real income, so I too have mini panic attaks. (But not enough to keep me in my inlaws home forever!)

Good luck with the move, and your pregnancy! Where are you moving to?

Kami Milliron said...

Anna, I can relate to how you feel in so many ways. Obviously not the SAME exact ways, but still. And it comes down to this : change is hard.

It doesn't matter what kind of change, it's still hard. You're leaving what you know. You're leaving what you're familiar with. It's not easy. But I can tell you that you will be moving into a wonderful ward, neighborhood etc. And you have ME right down the road. What more could you want ; )

I am sure you made this decision prayerfully. So be positive. Keep your chin up and stop doubting. The Lord won't lead you down the wrong path. This is where you're supposed to be. And YES, you need to call on family and friends to help you my dear. Like I said, I am RIGHT DOWN THE ROAD !

Julie said...

I want more pictures. BTW, you are Estate Groves ward. But your ward now goes all the way to McKellips. Why am I always updating you on this? Like it really matters? I'll move on. I guess I just don't really want to face you actually moving.