Thursday, September 2, 2010

Just Peachy

When I was a waitress, there was a sweet, little old lady that would come in daily. Every single time I asked how she was, her high-pitched scratchy voice gave the same reply: "Peachy keen, and you can't beat that!" Her enthusiasm made it obvious she believed every word.

We finally closed on our house today (after a very interesting, yet somehow not surprising, 10 days) and my first thought was, Peachy!

I haven't decided if my thoughts were inspired by my optimistic 80+ year old customer or the interior colors in our new house. Because you can't all enjoy the full picture of being in the house, here's a little breakdown of the interior colors:
brick red - 1% (don't ask)
seafoam/mint green - 4%
white - 35%
peach - 60%
This is the only room with walls that green color, so don't let the picture make you think my color ratios above are incorrect. :) Oh, and lest you think I'm exaggerating on the peach, that tile on the fireplace is the same color as the tile on the floor - it just doesn't look like it in the picture.

My mom says, "Just call it beige."
My sister says, "I wouldn't move into this house without replacing the tile first."
I say, "Welcome to Peach Land."

18 comments:

angela hardison said...

i loved that little old lady :)

hoooray!!!! can i come see it now?

p.s. peach + seafoam are totally in. and i didn't actually say that about the tile, did i?

Lisa said...

Congratulations! Where is your new home located??

Jen said...

YAY! Congrats on the new home. I can't wait to come see it.
Yep, lots of painting to be done- tons of Fun :)

I AM JOE PESCI said...

I think it's really rad! And I didn't even notice the colors in the picture cuz I was looking at all that space!!

Kami Milliron said...

Congrats on your new home ! When are you having your super awesome house warming BBQ : )

Julie said...

Congrats. That's so awesome! Little by little you'll make it your own.

P.S. I dont know for sure, I'll have to ask my mother in law today, but I don't think you're in their new ward. :(

Brenden+Nikki said...

Ooh! I love it! Yay for projects! One day when Brenden and I buy a house I will call you and ask you for all your fixer-upper tricks. Don't worry....that won't be for another hmmm
45 years or so. Oh well - at least I have something to look forward to right? ;) I'm so happy that it's closed and yours! Whoo hoo!

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

congrats! Welcome to Peach Land! :o) If you need help moving, please let me know

Tiffany Haynes said...

Congratulations! A new house, that's so exciting! I always expect to paint wherever we live.

PS- You could never be fat! Even when you're pregnant!

DeWitts said...

I love how open it looks. Good luck on the move.

Donna said...

Congratulations Anna!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rachel+Co said...

yesss! looks like you may have one really great success in the real estate market after all. i am so excited for you to live in a super great neighborhood in a super great location (with ALL that super tile).

i am totally cool with working on a house project when i come to visit next time (just so you know). like painting your cabinets... how could you stand it anna!? just kidding. we are staying with you next time we come. k?

Beka said...

YEA!!! Congrats anna! exciting- cant wait to see it- so when's moving day?

Kate said...

I want to see more pictures.

David and Jana said...

So, I would love to see pictures from all over your new house! Give a tour!!!

mommy said...

hahaha. at least you don't have carpet in the bathrooms/kitchen/dining room. peach tile can't be that bad, right?

Deb said...

My Grandma use to ALWAYS-ALWAYS say, "If you don't like my peaches then don't shake my tree." We burried a peach tree next to her head stone at her funeral. Anything that has to do with peaches reminds me of a sweet old lady too.

So I've been reading up on some of your latest posts and you really make me laugh sometimes. And I had no idea that you guys were going to move! What made you decide to do that? Are you going to be in the twin Knolls ward anymore? (Leave me some answers on my blog, I have to know all the dirt. Or at least some)

And good luck with eating less amounts of sugar. I've tried it before and have never had any success. If all goes well let me in on your secret(;

Amy said...

Your peach tile probably matches our peach counter tops perfectly. Someday we'll get them replaced!