So, here I am and I have a problem. You see, I'm really, really grumpy/depressed/stressed.
Now, I guess I'm on the road to recovery. That was easy.
Next step? Get over it. This is the not-so-easy part.
I'm pretty sure my reasons are justified, but I'm also pretty sure no matter the reasons, I have plenty more reasons to be happy. I'm trying, I really am. It doesn't help that part of this stems from moving. I am still trying to convince myself I don't regret it. Someone please tell me that once we get unpacked, we stop finding surprises around the house, we find a renter, etc., that I won't regret this. Having buyer's remorse after purchasing a new house is not a good feeling.
Oh, but don't you worry world, Clara still loves me. Straight from her mouth: "Mom, I still love you. Even if you peed in a cup." Maybe I should stop letting her come to my OB appointments.
But where's the fun in that?

8 comments:
I love you, too, Anna . . . even if you do pee in cups.
It's nice to count blessings, but I also think it's ok to say that sometimes life or situations just stink.
Let's get together. SOON.
Hahaa, I hope you only pee in cups at the Doctor's office ; ) I think things will settle down once you feel like it's home. You're pregnant and I think when we're preggo our bodies naturally crave safety, security and a safe place to call home. Right now you probably feel like you're in between two homes. Things will settle down once you get everything done. I am here if you need anything - or even if you just need to talk. Call me / email me and we'll go get some treats and talk : )
I feeling those same feelings over here & yet I haven't even gone through anything major like a move- so apparently I have issues too.
Way to to go admitting them out loud. that always helps me to start to come out of it.
A new "Big" home will take a lot of work. But, oh I am so jealous with all the fun there is to do. it's going to be such a transformation when you are all done.
Good luck finding renters for the old place. (that will be a huge relief in itself)
You WILL feel better! I can't imagine doing everything you're doing all while being pregnant. The nesting instinct alone would drive me into insanity if we had packing boxes laying around. If you need help unpacking let me know! I'm always looking for something to do in the day time. Collin and I get cabin fever being in the house all day.
And you CAN NOT stop bringing Clara to your OB appointments. She cracks me up. I have to bring Collin too but whenever I take him into the bathroom with me he just stares at me like I'm crazy. I wish he could talk....
I love you too, Anna, and Clara too. that is hilarious! Melanie is still telling me about her friends Clara and Ms. Anna. I think she loves you too.
haha! i love clara!
anna, be happy. you have the coolest daughter in the world, a BABY on the way (i keep getting more and more and more excited about her!!!), and a new house in a lovely neighborhood. and much more. including me as a sister. jk.
let me know what i can do for you. i'm good at buying treats to make people feel better.
you need to reread the 12 steps. after admitting that you are powerless over your problem, the next step is not "getting over it". it is realizing that a power other than yourself can aid you in your recovery.
that's where we all come in =). we will restore you to sanity. i think your problem (btw: aren't you glad you have me to tell you what your problems are?) is that you are worried you didn't make a perfect choice.
you probably didn't. OH WELL. you are awesome and amazing and you don't have to be perfect all the time. when i come to visit i am going to do a project in your house. be thinking what you want me to do. =) (paint cabinets? plant bushes? replace tile? pick out colors? buy artwork? ya. i can do that.)
and when you get time, read this blog post and the one after it:
http://www.danoah.com/2010/09/disease-called-perfection.html
love ya!
Post a Comment