Wednesday, August 11, 2010

For the Beauty of the Earth

For me there is definitely something spiritual about being in nature. Being so close to the natural state of things as they were created for this earth makes me feel close to my Heavenly Father. This is one reason I love the outdoors. One thing I love doing in the mountains is observing nature, particularly the vegetation. I found a few extra special flowers this year. My right-brained sisters will be so proud that I grouped my finds by color.I love those little brown toadstools. Since my picture has the pine needles in focus and not the mushroom, it's easy to see just how small they were.
My favorite flower of all was that pink one in the bottom center. It was tiny, and most anything tiny is cute. But the detail on it, the green center and the buds that were itty bitty balls made this one extra special.

6 comments:

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Beautiful Pictures. I agree, being in nature makes me feel closer to my Heavenly Father and puts me in awe when I think of everything he created for us. How can you go into the wilderness and not realize there is a Divine purpose, and a plan?

DeWitts said...

pretty!

Julie said...

I want your camera.

angela hardison said...

you were right. so proud.

sheri rog said...

your right brained friends enjoyed your pics as well. beautiful.

and nature? i love it, too.

Rachel+Co said...

i am proud of you. that little pink flower is just so cute.

and don't worry about not getting too excited for your house yet. i am overcompensating for you! everywhere i go i think, "this would be awesome for anna's house." i love how easily i spend other people's money.

also, i'm doing the same thing with baby girl clothes. i have an entire wardrobe picked out for your little pea.