I'm pretty sure we're moving in the next month or so. I've known for a little while and even though we're pretty close to having everything finalized for our new house, I'm still in denial that it will work out. I do this often. It might seem a pessimistic way to live, but at least I have identified why I approach certain situations with this attitude. If I "fail" at something, I have very little hope that I will find success the next time around. Sorry, it's ingrained in me that life is perfection or failure, there is no middle ground for me. Others, yes. Me, no. It's a sorry way to live and currently I'm working on it. After disappointment from "failure" I barricade my emotions to protect myself from experiencing the same exhausting emotions should things go wrong again.
Anyway, this is the third major {exciting} thing that has happened in my life that I waited and waited to emotionally acknowledge because my fear of failure based on previous experience. I waited to be excited about meeting Jason, I waited to be excited about this pregnancy and now I've waited to be excited about the opportunity to move into a bigger home.
My emotions are still reserved, but that doesn't mean I can sit around until it's a done deal. I've got to start packing, get rid of stuff, make To Do lists for both homes, clean both homes and find a renter for this house (anyone, anyone?). Now that I think about it, with that list of things to do, I'd probably be too exhausted to be excited anyway. I guess my emotional issues aren't really getting in the way after all. :)
Monday, August 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Where is the new house at? Are you moving far? I can't wait to see your new "digs". Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you move.
I do that too. I try not to get too excited in fear that things don't work out. I guess it's kinda smart to do sometimes.
Hopefully you can let loose and jump for joy in your new home soon!
Yeah, I don't get excited about stuff at all. Cuz nothing, and I mean nothing, ever works out for me. So I live vicariously through people like you!
Let me know what I can do to help you out.
Good luck with the move. We are doing the same thing and i'm not to happy about packing.
If it is up for rent next summer...
I think it is a female thing. I don't let myself get excited either...
Congrats! Where's your new place?
I'm happy for you, sad for us left behind. Really, it will be great having a bigger home. I'd love to help you with Clara even though I know she's a key packer she might enjoy playing at our house. :)
Gee, here are all these lovely, lovely people congratulating you and all I want to say is "You're moving???" Selfishly, I'm sad you're going. But most of me is happy for you. How wonderful to have a growing family and a larger house to put everybody in! :)
i don't really blame you, after the things you've been through. BUT i am super excited for you! and the new house (even if you'll be farther away from me)! and that maybe i get to help you pick out stuff.
man, i am totally out of the loop. where's the new place? and congrats too by the way - it'll be nice to have more room.
I heard you were moving. My first thought: why didn't she tell anyone? My second thought: how the heck did she sell her home? I'm jealous. I don't have the desire to rent out my home yet, but I want to move into something bigger so bad. No bailouts for the responsible, right? Well I'm super happy for you, but am going to miss you. When are you moving? Where is your new house? Do you need help with anything?
Travis came home from you meeting on Sunday telling me. I think you told me about this house too. Is it the one with the little house in the back? I am sad it is going to work out and you will not be in the ward anymore. What is Gracie going to do? Her friend Clara can't move away. Congrats on getting a bigger house. That is one thing I wish we could have too.
Post a Comment