Monday, July 12, 2010

Sometimes I'm Just Boring

Life has been simple, enjoyable and pretty plain lately. However, it's the plain and simple that create the enjoyable so it seems I must write about something. Oh, what to write about...

... the raging headache that I've had for three days (it was almost gone today and then I got a little stressed this afternoon and it came back - I don't really handle big decisions well).
... eating about 90% of the Rice Krispy treats all by my big girl self. Mmmm.
... my laundry that I wish would fold itself. (Jen N., I promise I have been so diligent about keeping up on it since you served me well, until this weekend.)
... being excited that my mom is finally feeling better.
... Clara and I spending most of our days using other people's pools and eating other people's food. It sure is nice!
... wishing editing, resizing and uploading pictures didn't take so long, otherwise I'd add some pictures to this post.
... my room getting so close to being clean, then being neglected again.
... lots of work waiting to be done.
... watching the pure excitement on Clara's face when she does a puzzle without any help or gets a "fun card" in Candyland, even if it moves her farther away from the castle.
... my niece Alexis coming to town.
... our family reunion is just around the corner and it's going to be splendid, despite a major error we discovered today in our cabin 'reservation' (Hey Family, better that we found out today than next Wednesday, eh? :)).
... my sweet little Clara that makes me laugh every day (except today when I woke up at 6:30am to get some work done and I heard her chattering away in her room).
... Clara really does make me laugh, like when she says she's thankful for Catgirl and Batman in her prayers, when she corrects Jason or me (even in the middle of a prayer) if we refer to her, Jason or myself as Clara, Jason or mom instead of her current assigned disguises (since Friday, she's been Itchy, Jason's been Charlie {All Dogs Go to Heaven} and I'm just the mom dog), when she tells me about "her friend" that is clearly made up and the stories are all made up, but they are inspired from recent things we've talked about/seen/done, when she remembers when the missionaries came over for dinner six months ago with Steven AND what we ate for dinner, when she tells me her stomach is full so I tell her she must not have room for dessert and she says, "I just have a tiny little bit of room left for dessert", when she is tired and asks 'why' questions for 10 minutes straight or when she smothers me in hugs and kisses, all while saying, "I love you Mom" in her fake/dramatic voice.

6 comments:

bill said...

so whats wrong with the cabin reservations????????????????

Jen said...

Nothing boring about any of that:)

DeWitts said...

How can life be boring with Clara:)

mommy said...

kids are so fun. i love it - and "fun cards" was genius, wish I would've thought of that. every time she goes backward we have a meltdown.

Deb said...

I need to make sure to write down all these fun little things that happen daily. They may seem boring, but when you look back one day and remember those little things, it'll make ya really happy to remember what life was like.

I agree about the pictures taking so long to upload, such a pain. That's why my blogging never gets done.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

That's not boring, that's life. Is the headache gone? I hope so.