Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I've Been Waitng

I almost got angry today when my 25-30 minute drive took an hour and fifteen minutes because of a fender-bender*. But then I remembered I get to spend the rest of the week with my awesome family (they have been slowly trickling into town). No work for the rest of the week. See, I told you this week was going to be even better than the last. I've been looking forward to it for a long time.

Oh, and not that this has anything to do with anything in this post, but check out this GIANT bug Clara found at the post office.
It looked like a giant beetle. Maybe one of these? It was seriously like five inches long.


*Debris was covering the road and I saw two cars being hauled away, one of which had about 35% of the back-end mutilated. Pretty sure I wouldn't have called that one a fender bender if I was doing the traffic report.

9 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

that bug is stinkin' huge!

Kami Milliron said...

YUCK, I can't believe she got that close to it. It seriously gives me the chills. Gross !

Oh and I wouldn't call that a fender - bender. I would call it a little taparoo : )

Jen said...

Katelyn is looking at this with me and she was freaking out saying, "Don't touch it! Don't touch it!"

Lisa said...

Have a wonderful time! Tell everybody we say hello!! I can't wait to see pictures and hear about all of your fun. ;-) Sorry the Bounz House didn't work out, time got away from us! We will get together soon.

Mills Family said...

We've had a few of those bugs at our house. Thankfully, they were dead. Yuck.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

We have a family reunion this week too. I love hanging out with the fam! That Beetle was WAY COOL!

Camille said...

I will vomit on your head if you ever post a picture like that again.

Kate said...

Gross! That thing is HUGE!!! It looks like a mutant beetle. Why didn't you just step on it??? ;) j/k

Lindsay said...

We HAVE one of those bugs DEAD on our DRIVEWAY!!!!!!! I previously saw it above our front DOOR a couple weeks ago. It is freaking huge and it looks grotesque. Blech!! Thanks for identifying it for me. Have a great time on your trip!