Thursday, May 20, 2010

Notable

Noteworthy items from the last month or so...

One day we went to play in my parent's front yard and shortly after Captain Hook (aka Me) was taken down by Peter Pan (aka Clara), Clara found her first lady bug crawling on Captain Hook. She loved letting it crawl all over her hands and would giggle when it crawled up her arm.
We went to play in the water at Beka's. There are some other funny pictures... but someone's shorts kept falling off resulting in too much hiney being exposed.One day we went on a walk to look at the flowers. I wanted a picture of those pretty white flowers on the saguaros, but since I'm not 18 feet tall, I couldn't reach. Instead, I found these lovely yellow flowers in a barrel cactus.
Kirkland's vanilla ice cream (thanks Rachel!) on these half homemade, half box brownies. Enough said.
Clara loves to paint. I'm worried she's inherited my creativity.
And my fashion sense. Maybe her creative aunties can rub off on her.
Last week Clara and I woke up at 5am and rushed to Krispy Kreme. We waited in line for a few hours to get $2/dozen donuts and 365 cards. 365 card=free donut every day for the next 365 days. Arriving at nearly the same time as Kathryn, Lucy and Elsa made our adventure much more enjoyable.
Clara got a dog! See, it's red. She dragged Jason's shorts, I mean her dog, around and named her Lily-Elsa. My goodness I love this child's imagination.
I bought Jason a new shirt and my mom bought the same one for James. Jason didn't know it but he found out when we had James wear his shirt on the same day. Aw, how cute.
This one might be just to reiterate the point that Clara's got lots of pizazz.

PS Why are some of my pictures so blurry when I make them big? They all started out the same size but some get fuzzy when I post them bigger, but some don't. Help!

8 comments:

Kathryn said...

pizazz should have been her middle name.

My girls inherited my shy public facades and all around quirkiness (awesomeness, but quirkiness). I don't think I will ever get a Clara with so much imagination and bossiness. (bossy sounds mean, but I wasn't meaning mean bossy - just busy bossy - leader bossy)

Amy from Our Dish said...

Anna! That ladybug picture? Be still my heart.

Seriously I think you could fill up a book the size of the Yellow Pages with amazing photos of that girl.

DeWitts said...

I found a ladybug today and cooper was scared of it.

I love your new red dog. haha! You have one funny little girl.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Anna, breat pictures! I love your new dog. ha ha! :o)

Jen said...

So many pics & stories I love it all.
Not sure why the pics are blurry,I haven't experimented with that at all.

Deb said...

Love the Lady bug pic. So cute. And she would've loved our front yard about a month ago. My kids found like 20 ladybugs in our long grass before Ian finally bought a lawn mower and started mowing the lawn. They all left us now.

And I'm always amazed to hear what names other kids come up with when naming pets or say shorts. She really does have a good imagination. We have two cats that wander into our yard often and my kids named them "Blacky" (cause it's a black cat) and the other one "Blacky 2" Seriously NO IMAGINATION.

Melanie said...

PERFECT dog. No worrying that she ran down the street when the kids opened the door. No keeping a mental tab on her so there is no sneaking to the basement to do her business because there is slight percipitation coming from the sky and the princess doesn't want to get her feet wet. No locking her in a crate at night sometimes because coyotes call and she astonishingly wants to go ward them off with all of her 3.5 lbs and ferocious 1 decible bark. No realizing too late that the bare scraps you allowed her didn't agree with her tummy that night. No shooing out the boyfriends from the yard because she's "intact" and in heat and they are not of her breed. Count Clara's many blessings. And she's a doll.

mommy said...

hahaha... I love the picture of Jason and James. how cute.