Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wishful Thinking

I normally work on Tuesdays and Fridays. I work Fridays because Jason is home so he gets to hang out with Clara. Why Tuesdays? When I was working full time I dreaded Monday so much that it usually put a damper on my Sunday evening. Around 6 or 7:00pm, I would realize I didn't have much weekend time left and I would get anxious thinking about another long work week. So when I started working at my client, I picked Tuesday as my second day. However, the last month has been all over the place because of the audit. This week, I was scheduled to work on Monday. Instead of the usual dread on Sunday night, I was giddy. Monday was going to be the only day I worked, which made it easy to get over my Sunday-night-before-work lull. After all, it's been a while since I had a one day work week, in fact, it's even been a while since I've had a two day work week. I was really looking forward to getting work over with for a whole week on Monday.

I should've known, it was all a bunch of wishful thinking.

I worked Monday. And Tuesday. And today. I guess I would've been really grumpy Sunday night had I known I was going to work three days, so maybe it's better that I didn't know it at the time. The good news is, I finally finished the project I was working on so I am desperately hoping my schedule will return to normal next week. Life here in the Penrod home is a total chaotic mess when I work too much. I have lots and lots and lots of cleaning to catch up on. Clara wants to go the library tomorrow, though, so the cleaning may not get all done. Especially since we are much closer to a library than a butterfly farm.

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Quit - but maybe that's because I'm a quitter.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

My house is never clean for that very reason. When I get home from work, I want to spend time with my girls, not clean. Chaos is typical here. Someday...

Jen said...

You are super Mom!
Even though I don't work out of the home. My house still will get trashed if I don't stay on top of it.

Congrats on finishing your project and hopefully the schedule gets back to normal :)

Deb said...

Sorry your house is such a mess. If I lived there I would offer up some help. But don't feel to bad about the mess. After so much work I wouldn't want to clean either.

Marie said...

Sorry about working so many days. That stinks. My house is a mess right now and I am here most of the time.

Rachel+Co said...

our house is still recovering from tax season. (i keep thinking in my mind that things will change and i will become the type of person that doesn't take on too many things at a time and keeps the house organized and mostly clean.) HA HA. jokes on me. hope you get caught up.