Memories without pictures:
Thursday evening I spent a little time at a Humanitarian service project. That stuff makes me so emotional. We were tying quilts that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will donate to the people around the world suffering from natural disasters. I sometimes feel guilty that I have so much and I donate my time to helping these people a few times a year. I decided it would be really fun to start a quilting club. I don't hesitate to play Bunco once a month so why can't I gather friends for an evening to donate some time? Besides, the best part of Bunco is the visiting and that's easily done when tying a quilt. I'm serious. Who wants to join my Quilt Club?
On Friday we met some friends at San Tan so the kids could play at the splash pad. The weather ended up being surprisingly cooler than forecasted, so the kids got cold rather quickly. I think I was bummed that our outing wasn't a relief from the heat... since there wasn't really any heat... so the camera stayed put.
Saturday morning we planned to attend the Falcon Field Open House. However, after getting too little sleep, Clara started crying at 10am. We told her she needed to lay down for a minute and less than five minutes later, she was totally zonked out. She hasn't taken a nap that early in the morning for a really long time.
Saturday we went to my cousin's son's baptism in Queen Creek. It was my first experience attending a Catholic baptism so it was interesting to see how things are done. I am very fascinated by religious. Afterwards, everyone went to Lisa and Daryle's for food and a nice long visit. I figured I was having too much fun eating candy and talking everyone's ear off to get my camera. Even my cousin Rob was here from Washington and I didn't get out the camera. Ah well, pictures or not, we had a great time and I always love spending time with that family.
Lots of work... who wants to have memories of that?
Memories with pictures:
We went to the Zoo with some friends last Thursday. This picture has very little to do with the Zoo and everything to do with managing to capture one of Clara's hilarious expressions.
And if you are wondering why I would take a picture of my daughter falling into a cold stream at the Zoo, rest assure. She thought she was the funniest thing around and kept laying in the stream. Good thing we didn't stop at the splash park because I didn't want her wet. :)We went to the Zoo with some friends last Thursday. This picture has very little to do with the Zoo and everything to do with managing to capture one of Clara's hilarious expressions.
Man, I love this little goose. Only working on site one day this week was really nice. Lately Clara loves puckering dramatically for kisses and blowing kisses to me when I leave her room at night. Oh, the joy.

8 comments:
I LOVE her new haircut. I wish I looked that cute with a bob.
Well, somehow I don't think I'll have time to participate in the Quilting Club, but if you ever do it on one of my weekends without the kids I may come. Also, I may have some fabric scraps to donate. :)
I'm pretty sure I don't need to tell you that HECK YA I'll do the quilting club. Quilting and chatting = win, win.
Clara's hair looks fantastic! And the both of you together - DARLING.
Jolly Rancher shirt=success.
She looks like a little lady with that cute haircut! (I commiserate with both of you about the fine hair. I will be one of those old ladies whose scalp you can see through the puff of whatever few remaining hairs are lucky enough to make it to old age with me.)
Sure, post the picture of my kid picking her nose.
Thanks for hosting them. They too, had to sing the days of the week song a lot last week when we talked about how the sleepover wasn't until Friday.
Her hair turned out adorable!
& I LOVE the princess tea party, especially the shoe shot:)
cute pictures. I'm jealous of the princess party!
i can't believe how grown-up she looks.
Post a Comment