Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sporadic Snowflake Trip #2

Last Sunday evening, I decided to take a quick trip to and from Snowflake on Monday. Saturday, Jason and I decided to take a quick trip up, we left about 6:30pm Saturday night and were back in Mesa at about 6:30pm Sunday night. We went to support Jason's cousin Kristen, who is going to serve a mission in Santiago, Chile. Michelle let us stay at her house, even with such short notice, and of course she made us a delicious breakfast. Best bed and breakfast ever. After church on Sunday, we enjoyed a luncheon in Shumway with lots of family. It's always fun to visit with family and eat good food. The big bonus Sunday was the absolutely beautiful weather, the baby goats, the blossoming fruit trees and the beautiful green fields. But let's focus on the weather. Anyone that has been to Snowflake knows it can be a little windy, but on Sunday, every 30-45 minutes or so, the wind would blow, just enough to cool us off, and then it'd die down again. The afternoon was quite lovely. I decided I need a summer home in Shumway. The blossoms on the peach tree behind Clara were so pretty. Every time I tried taking a picture of her with the tree, her double chin got bigger.
Someone was transporting a few sheep and Clara was very concerned. They were baaing and Clara really wanted to know what they were saying. (She got to see sheep, cows, baby goats and feed the mom and dad goats. Lucky her; she loves animals.)
I wish I spent more time with old people.
Look at that blue, blue sky!

6 comments:

Amy said...

You missed your chance for your summer home in Shumway...David's parents finally got their house in Shumway sold a few months ago!

DeWitts said...

i just love snowflake and the weather sunday was lovley.


looks like clara had so much fun with the animals. her little skirt is so cute. did you make?

Tiffany Haynes said...

What a fun quick trip! Those are always so relaxing!

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

What a fun trip. I love visiting with family.

Did you make Clara's skirt? It's super cute!

Jen said...

Scott went to Santiago, Chile too.

Deb said...

It's always so nice to spend some time outdoors. Soak it up now before it gets too hot to go outside.