Thursday, April 22, 2010

Good Days

I always love days where I accomplish things for each of my responsibilities and it's even better when time spent mothering and homemaking occupy most of the day. That's when I feel my life is balanced. Not a balance of time, but a balance of importance.

Kind of like today.

Wake up (gotta start somewhere!)
Bake muffins with Clara
Eat said muffins
Bake bread with Clara
Pack picnic lunch
Get myself and Clara's self ready
Start dinner (rarely do I remember to do this type of thing in the morning, but when I do, it always feels good)
Run an errand (Angela, are you offended I just referred to you as an errand?)
Visit the Scout Shop
Drive to Tempe Town Lake
Hide under a blanket from the 10 drops of rain with Clara
Have picnic at Tempe Town Lake
Roll down grass hills with Clara
Play tag with Clara (think: barefoot, sunny, cool, grass, awesome)
Play with camera settings
Come home
Read books to Clara
Sing to Clara
Clara naps
I blog (this is where my priorities get slightly out of order)
I work (see?)
Clara's up
Read a story
Enjoy the rain and sudden wind
Blow bubbles
Finish dinner prep
Eat dinner
Miss Jason
Watch a movie
More stories & bedtime routine
Now it's quiet and I'm trying to decide if I am as tired as I think I am or if it's just because tomorrow will start much too early...

11 comments:

DeWitts said...

sounds like a lovely day.

Clara is adorable. i hope one day that clara and cooper meet and its love at first sight. haha!

Misti has curly hair like Clara.

Kate said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing day. You deserve that. Also, you have a pretty cool camera. I want one.

Jen said...

What a perfect day:)

Julie said...

I'm finally catching up on your blog. I love your picnic day--especially on the coldest day of the week! I think I might try 1800drycleaning. Ryan wears dress shirts 6 days a week and I'm always forgetting to take them to the dry cleaning. Hmmm. . . .

Lindsay said...

Sounds blissful! And yes this comment was laced with jealousy. :)

angela hardison said...

yes i'm offended. but a little bit less offended because:

1) you-know-who offended you. super lame. i'm sorry, again.

2) i got to spend a whole car ride with you and your awesome daughter.

3) you sacrificed several hours to take me.

Mike and Kari said...

Oh, that is a perfect day. Those are always the most fulfilling days, when you feel like all of your motherly duties get accomplished.

Amy from Our Dish said...

Great day, great mom! Pat yourself on the back.

Rachel+Co said...

good grief woman! how do you do all those things in one day? i am the most inefficient person i know.

i need to take a lesson from you. after, i'll show you how to roll out round tortillas.

mommy said...

i love it when i have days like that (minus the work part).

Alena Jo said...

I also love days like that! I love days when I do what I know I should do, all day. I feel really happy, maybe more like true joy, when I do things with and for my family all day long. It is so empowering and fulfilling.