Okay, I might have been slightly dramatic in my last post about this past week. The Controller at my client was on vacation and they asked me to work every day. I agreed and started dreading it a few weeks ago. Then on Sunday night, I had a little mini anxiety attack. The thought of dropping Clara off somewhere four days in a row made me want to vomit. Not because Clara doesn't like my mom (she loves her), not because my mom is anything less than the best (she's the best), just simply because I didn't want to be away from my little slice of sunshine for four straight days. However, I sucked it up and this week really wasn't all that bad. Not ideal, but not the torture I anticipated. Some things that kept me sane:
:+: I only worked 7-8 hour days. Normally I work 9-10 hour days. Getting home between 5-6 made a really big difference on my mood at the end of the day.
:+: Clara. We would pray every morning to be happy. Every day, the time flew by and we were both happy campers. When I would get to my mom's, she'd always say something to make me laugh.
M: She told Steven, "It's okay. If I get sad, I just think of the camels and it makes me really, really happy."
T: She got married then went to everyone to shake their hand and say, "Congratulations." (Can you tell we've been to four receptions in the last few months?)
W: She greeted me at the door, full costume (i.e. princess dress), bbq sauce on her face and exclaimed, "I love these chicken bones." (They were pork ribs, which my mom tried to explain to Clara, but she didn't believe it).
R: "I love my testimony. I do."
:+: This is going to make me sound like a prima donna, but oh well. My dad used to always call me that so I might as well live up to it. I have known about this week for a while and I knew the hardest thing (aside from my emotional issues) to deal with would be food. I rarely, if ever, make dinner on the days I work. Eight pm is just a little late for me to eat dinner. Yet I didn't want to go out at all. Plus, I rarely, if ever, eat lunch out. I always bring leftovers. So I decided I'd bribe my lovely mother to make us dinner. I told her I'd pay her extra if she would make us dinner this week. She agreed and so we ate like royalty every night. Pork roast, lettuce wraps, ribs and coconut chicken curry (Mom, I need this recipe, it was SO SO good). What's better than eating good food? Not having to go grocery shopping, not having to prepare it and not having to do the dishes.
:+: Knowing it was temporary. I don't know how others do this week after week. I didn't mind that I didn't do an ounce of housework all week, because I have all weekend and next week. If I had to do this week after week, neglecting the housework wouldn't be okay.
:+: Taking Friday off. I took the day off for a wedding that was moved to Saturday after I requested the day off. However, I didn't exactly volunteer to work after the wedding was moved. I am so glad I didn't. We're planning to have a fun day tomorrow.
Not too bad, but I'm glad it's over.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
glad it's over and glad you ate like a queen all week.
Yes, eating like that must have been heavenly! So glad you both survived and that it worked out. What a happy little treasure you have.
I spend the week as a single mom and wondered how in the world single mom's or military wives do it week after week...it is hard!
I'm glad you made it through the week! Can I hire your mom to make us dinner? Please share the chicken cury recipe...sounds good!
When I think about camels, it makes me happy too:)
Enjoy the days off!!
I wish my mom was around to cook for me. That recipe sounds good. I want it too! Have a great wedding weekend!
I meant to tell you that you looked beautiful last night. Seriously! Apparently this crazy week has still come out giving your a fresh & beautiful glow :)
enjoy your weekend with your funny little girl:)
When are you going to get fired again???? :) Well I hope you at least made a lot of extra money. :)
I love that your mom made your family every night. That is great! What a nice mom! The week is over :o)!!! I think that having someone as cute as Clara (with funny things to say) makes it a little easier (and a little harder at the same time). I understand how you felt this week.
I don't know how people do it week after week either. I've just had a small taste of working life and it's plenty. And I even get off at 2:30.
Post a Comment