I usually spend a lot of time on Sundays thinking. Thinking of the past week, thinking of the upcoming week and thinking about the 'things' that are on my mind regularly. In case you've always wanted to know, here's some of what's on my mind...
New House It's been just over four months since we've sold our house in Utah, but it feels more like a few years. I want to move into a bigger house sooner rather than later, but the thought of staying in this house a little while longer doesn't bother me either. We plan on being in our next house a while so I need to make sure I really like it. We've found a few houses we like, but there's always a catch, so I take it to mean it's not right. When the timing is right, it will work out.
Work This last week was very, very busy. But, did you know one of my goals for 2010 is to stop procrastinating? It is and I've really taken it to heart. Turns out, I can accomplish more and I feel much less stress while doing so if I 'just do it' (who knew Nike would be so inspiring?).
Baby Shower Yesterday I went to a baby shower of a girl I work with. She's the one that went to the doctor to get pregnant and I have such strong feelings about that. But at the same time, I think it's important to support friends and the situation doesn't detract from the fact that she is bringing a precious child to this earth to receive a body. Sidenote: it's always weird when there is alcohol at baby showers. Weddings/bachelorette parties/etc., I get. I don't get why at baby showers because the person the party is for can't drink.
This Week I have a lot going on, but training myself to procrastinate less has made me feel empowered. It's invigorating to realize how much I can accomplish while maintaining my sanity and it becomes a game. Internal competition. Disciplined Anna vs. Procrastinating Anna. I know I have time to get everything done I need to if I have discipline, which gives me a desire to make the necessary effort.
Grumpy I've been grumpy/depressed this whole year (all two and a half weeks). This week I realized I would be less grumpy if I would take more time to be grateful. So today, let it be known that I am grateful for Taffy Town salt water taffy, 8:30am church, avocados, the LDS Old Testament Student Manual (even with that, the Old Testament is still confusing), having clients that don't mind when Clara comes along and Relief Society lessons.
A Baby I wish. I always want to know why and how things work. I am sure I annoy my dentist, doctors, clients, co-workers, family, teachers, friends, etc. because I want a full explanation for everything. When I wonder why I don't have more kids, the explanation is always that the Lord knows what's best and that His timing is different than my timing. Sometimes it is comforting to know, but sometimes it just gives me anxiety. Because I can only think of a few reasons why having children a decade apart is a good thing...
Apothecary Jars {and anything else I decide I want to spend money on} My house is lame and I decided it's high time to start "un-laming" it. I sat in my front room and decided I would get some lidded jars for my piano. I told (convinced) myself it would be okay to spend money and started my search. Two weeks later, I have no jars and am frustrated because I can't find anything I really, really like. This happens to me all the time. I decide I'm going to spend some money (which is no short or easy task) and then I never find anything I like because I'm too annoyingly picky. It leaves me exhausted and empty handed and, you guessed it, lame. Tomorrow I have a few more stores to try and then I might just decide a lame house isn't so bad after all.
Clara Of course she deserves a post all her own. Her imagination is hilarious. Yesterday she pretended to be Jacob, Jason was Sam and I was her Sister. She was headed to the Promised Land and the carpet was water. She called me Sister and Jason Sam all day. The only glitch in her pretend world was when she told me, "Sister, Sam went to turn the football game on." Yeah, I'm pretty sure they didn't have football or TV's in 600 BC.
Salesman Friday night I was putting sheets on Clara's bed when someone knocked. Angela and Clint were on their way over so I told Clara to get the door. I soon realized it wasn't Angela and Clint and hurried to the door. It was a salesman. I normally don't give door-to-door sales a chance, but after this guy cleaned my window, a spot on my carpet and drank the cleaner (and then said, "Don't panic, it's organic!") I was sold. Besides, I kind of wanted to give him money just for having to learn how to say and spell Dre'Shawn as a preschooler.
The End
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
Dre'Shawn visited us too! But I wasn't as accommodating. :(
Great post! I hope you get your baby - and soon.
Cool for not procrastinating.
Did Sam enjoy the game?
Please don't be so eager to move. It makes my heart hurt a little bit. Although, if you do move - get a horse property so I can get a horse and keep it there. :) I'm so selfish, I know.
Oh, and you're awesome.
I had the same sales guy on Friday. And believe it or not I bought from him too. I NEVER buy from sales guys but I have some cleaning things I really want to try it on and nothing else is working. So why not.
Too bad we don't live by a Taipan. They have cool jars. Well, cool everything for that matter. Good luck on the decor shopping, at least that's something fun to shop for (unlike bathing suit shopping!)
I'm glad you are a content in your house longer. I don't want you to leave.
We have been looking at houses also but decided to first finnish school. I dislike this word but its just the way i felt when i couldn't get pregnant or was pregnant and lost it, it just flat out sucks! You are a great mother to Clara and she is such a cute little girl.
Anna, you're awesome. I love this post. Congratulations again on selling your house. That must feel so good.
People drink at baby showers to make themselves feel more comfortable in that environment.
I hope you get your baby soon, too. You're an awesome mom.
Dre'Shawn. I've heard some really creative names before, I think this is the best so far.
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/ella-glass-canister/?pkey=call-vases
just spend the money. you won't regret it. i love my apothecary jars. you can change what's inside whenever you want.
and i love you. cheer up.
hey spencer w. kimball's moto was "do it" so now you can just say you are following the prophet instead of Nike.
Also if you want a baby, why don't you just go to that lady's doctor that helped her have a baby without even needing a dad? Some things never make sense, but you just take them as how they are.
I know a lady that had one child and then after years of trying ended up with two sets of twins. You never know...
The sales guy came here too, but I wasn't as nice as you. A few days before a lady was coming around too. We would sad to see you leave. A smaller house = smaller payments all around!! One more thing to be thankful for!
You always make me laugh. I laughed out right when you wrote about Dre'Shawn. I read it to my hubby and he thought it was funny too.
I like it when you "think"
We should meet up at the Zoo sometime. Maybe our blog friendship can turn into a real life one too. Or it would be fun to have you all over.
...and who said your random thoughts weren't very interesting!?!?
I can't believe he drank the cleaner.
I saw a MILLION apothecary jars at Hobby Lobby the other day, and I was overcome with a covetous spirit. Even at 50% off, they were a little absurd. Price-wise. Bummer.
I want you to get your baby too. You're a good mommy. And Clara is going to be an awesome big sister.
Can I help you with anything? Seriously? I get grumpy a lot too. If I get good sleep I am usually a lot better. But who has time for sleep, right?
The guy drank the cleaner?? Gross. I can't stand door to door salesman. If I see them before they see me I grab the kids and run to the back room to hide till their gone. What all was this guy selling?
I didn't know you were trying to have a baby! I need to fatten up your thin little frame. Maybe that would help. We can have ice cream night at my house once a week (if you weren't so busy I would say every night). What do you say?
Trust me, I know it's hard to hear people say, but God does know the perfect place and timing for our children. Just remember m. We were married 10 years before Travis came along, and married 15 years when Connor came to our family. Embrace and cherish today, tomorrow will be here soon enough. Love ya!!
I swear i am grumpy at least every other day. It's not a good thing.
I always love reading your posts & You are always so so so good at commenting mine.
I love your fun personality and I wish you the best in everything you are working towards:)
I never understand the alchahol at baby showers either.
I'm a little crazy about spending money sometimes too. I agonize over how to spend it and then when I make a decision and spend it I usually regret it. It's so frustrating.
And I too can not believe he drank the cleaner. That would probably convince me to buy it.
I wonder if the cleaner tasted good.
1. Call my sister ( or talk to her at Bunco tomorrow ) because I think she has some CUTE jars you can buy. If not, she certainly has SUPER CUTE home decor you can look through
2. You're right, the Lord has His own plan and timing. Sure, it's usually never in line with what we have in mind. Having kids almost 5 years apart was never in my plan, but I have found that I love it. I got to enjoy the best part of Douglas before Josh came along. I got to be there and bond with him while he needed it. Be there with Clara, bond with her while you can because it's much harder with two kids. Enjoy this part when it is just you and her.
3. YOU ARE AMAZING. Asking questions is a good thing and I always appreciate when someone is more than just a little interested in things. I like you just the way you are : )
Post a Comment