Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Still Catching Up?

Another downer of last week is that it just pushed my blogging life even further into backlog. Woe is me!

However, I have a plan to catch up right this minute. One post. One picture per event. I'm afraid that's the only way.

A while ago I got to see my cousin Rob for the first time in several years. We had lots of fun visiting with him and the rest of his family. But somehow, I have lost the pictures from the gathering. How do you lose digital picture? Not sure, but they are lost.

See? No picture.

Of course I can't forget to share when Ryan caught us some rather large lobsters on his scuba diving trip. Was that the highlight or was it when the juices of the big daddy lobster splurt all over Jason's white shirt and tie?
We celebrated Jason's birthday with my family.
We went to the temple with the Smith's for FHE. The first 30 minutes there were spent rolling down a grass hill, a first for Clara, but not a last. She loved it. Almost as much as she loved me taking her picture.
I bought lots and lots of the most delicious chocolate.
A while ago I decided I wanted new sheets. But then my conscience told me I should wait until we needed them. Not long after that, I realized the worn area had become a giant hole and decided new sheets were warranted.
And Halloween. Was that really almost two weeks ago? I don't dislike Halloween, but I just can't get into spending time and money on a costume that I won't be happy with and only worn for a few hours. Sure they are cute. Sure I might be jealous of the elaborate, well-thought out costumes. But at this time in my life, it's not gonna happen. However, my bad little witch was cute despite it all.
One day, not too long ago, I was able to visit with some girls from high school. Can you believe all those boys? 10/13 to be exact. In case you are wondering, Ryan (orange shorts), is not missing any part of his index finger. The majority of it is just hiding.
Tights 1 of 2. Come on, wouldn't those make you happy too?
Then there was Gentry and Stephanie's wedding this past weekend in Snowflake (Jason's youngest brother). This is a fun picture of the brothers, the couples and the parents. I'm just realizing my red eye editor gave Jason and Lamar green pukey seasick faces. Lovely.
Last but not least, my inspiration today was from President Spencer W. Kimball: "We were willing to take life as it came and as we might organize and control it, and this without murmur, complaint, or unreasonable demands." Too bad I read this after murmuring for a week. I've committed to murmuring less and rejoicing more.

13 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Oh my gosh . . . those green faces are totally hilarious!

Busy girl you are, but still you take time out for others. YOU are the coolest.

Julie said...

Seriously, you ARE so busy. And you only have one kid. I think that might be the one thing that is good about my family living far away. Family keeps you busy!!!

Jen said...

Lots going on over there.
Seriously the worn sheets are cracking me up :)

Deb said...

Mmmm...lobster and chocolate. Two of my most favorite things to eat. I'm hungry now. You got any left over lobster?

Your little witch looks very cute. I don't like putting lots of money and time towards a costume they only wear for a couple of hours either. That's why after Halloween, our costume go into the dress up bucket. I want to get my moneys worth out of each costume.

Great quote by Spencer W. Kimball. I'll remember that today anytime I feel like complaining.

Vagabond Mother said...

Ugh, sheets. I have to "BYOL" to the island. What does that mean? Bring your own linens. I've been scouring for sheets and bedding for awhile now for two double beds, and finally figured something out this week. And it has a lot of pink in it. Should be fun in our hotel room.

As for that playdate picture, it makes me miss the boys' hair! They were Samsonited the other night. I'm still not used to it.

Melanie said...

I thought the green faces was because they were those cardboard cut-outs for people who couldn't be there... then I noticed that one was Jason, and you might be taking the pic. yikes! But I love the tights and the little witch. Love it love it.

Vagabond Mother said...

P.S. I stole your playdate picture. Thanks!!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Anna!!

Cook Zoo said...

Don't worry. I'll murmur for you then you won't have to worry about it. Does that act of service cancel out the murmuring?? ;)

Those are the COOLEST tights! Money well spent.

And I think that little witch costume looks just as cute as something you would've spent hours on. :)


P.S. Happy Birthday!!!!!

mommy said...

I love Clara's costume. And don't worry, you're not the only Halloween cheapo.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

Your bad witch is SUPER cute!

Brandon took Melanie to the park and tried to get her to roll down the hill. She would roll a few times, but then stop and try to roll head first. Needless to say, it didn't work too well. Maybe next time. :o) I'm glad Clara enjoyed herself!

Before you I read what you said about the wedding picture, I was thinking "There is something wrong with Jason's face... maybe the lighting?". Hilarious!

Granny J said...

Hello Mad White Woman! I feel like a blog stalker but had to let you know I'm Jason's cousin. I am the original Lacie...yep...I'm old! When I saw the wedding pic I just had to read your other posts. Jason looks so much like my brother, Shane...in my humble opinion. Also....I totally loved the Reunion post...been there! We have missed it a lot in the past 6 years...our oldest son has a taxidermy business and the first hunts start that weekend. The Penrod family looks great...tell them hello for me.

angela hardison said...

i want some tights... i liked your red ones too!