A: Lots of time, a crying child, a paranoid husband and two lightening shots.
Back during one of the last lightening storms we had (8.31.2009), I discovered a feature on my camera. I can just hold down the button and it takes picture after picture. It's neat, especially when I'm too lazy to set the manual settings for a cool lightening shot. Unfortunately, Jason didn't want me outside so it was making Clara scared. He kept telling her I was crazy. I was on my covered porch... what are the chances? Anyway, multiple times I'd hold the button down and take about 50-75 pictures, give up, release the button and within 10 seconds, some incredible bolts would rip through the sky. I guess if that's my luck perhaps I should've been more concerned with my safety like Jason was. I took several hundred pictures. I got three with lightening in it, but one wasn't even worth uploading. The second one below isn't that impressive as far as lightening, but I love that it made the sky so dark blue. I love seeing lightening in our big desert sky. It's almost as beautiful as our sunsets.
Clara: My mom was being so stupid last night.
Grandma: What?
C: My mom was being so stupid last night.
G: That's not very nice, Clara. We don't ever call people stupid.
After I told my mom about the picture taking, she realized Clara meant crazy instead of stupid. Even then, not sure I'm okay with Clara telling everyone her mom was being crazy last night...

10 comments:
I love the pictures! During the lightning storms we went upstairs and watched outside our big window in our bedroom. But even that scared our girls a little. They would have freaked out if I went outside (I agree, no biggie under the covered patio, right?).
On the other hand, its probably not too good that your daughter already called your stupid. I would think you would have had another 10 years before that began. :)
Beautiful pictures!
And really what are the chances? For me it'd be like 100% chance just cuz that's how I roll.
She just has your sense of humor.
haha! Clara is crack up.
Hmm, I think Douglas and Clara are a little too much alike !
Great pictures !
Awesome pictures!
Strong winds really freak my out for some reason. I don't like all of the noises and movements it creates. Boy am I going to have a hard time adjusting to the windy OK weather.
I love the words that come out of their mouths. :) That is a cool feature on your camera!!! Love the pictures!
Awesome pictures!!! And you weren't THAT crazy. It's not like you were the lone man on a hill or something! :)
great pictures anna. clara is so funny. i still have a strange lightning phobia. i think i would have been with jason that night.
I was doing the same thing back when we had our last major storm our here!! And I was having the same issues..... I'd wait and wait and wait, staring through the viewfinder, squinting one eye and I'd MISS the shot EVERY stinking time!!!!!! I have a couple good lightning shots that I'm VERY proud of, though. ;)
Post a Comment