I started a post Thursday night explaining that I found it funny my car battery died that evening, only hours after I spent a good five minutes telling a friend how absolutely wonderful my car is. With over 126k miles, I've never had any problems beyond routine maintenance. If I thought the irony of that was funny, imagine my laughs on Friday when Jason called telling me something was wrong with my car, most likely the starter. Now if only it hadn't been the day before I was to take my car to Yuma, but I really can't complain.
Let me tell you a little story. In the past year or so my car has had a few days where it wouldn't turn over when I tried to start it. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the clutch engaging the right way. Most of the time this happened, we were in quite the financial predicament. We could barely pay our bills and car repairs would obviously have complicated the problem. I remember one morning after the car wouldn't start I said a quick, begging prayer to let my car run until we sold our house in Utah. I'm pretty sure I went so far as to say, "I don't care if it blows up the day after the house sells, but PLEASE let my car run smoothly until then."
So you see, my prayer was answered. My car didn't blow up, just needs some work, and it's been over a month since the house sold. What a blessing. And that is why I can't complain.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Great perspective. . . but I still hate car trouble. Why is it that its never convenient? Hopefully the repairs will be cheap and easy (what an oxymoron!).
NICE. I have made those pleading requests before, and I'm going through one right now... Now to remember my bargain and not complain. Seriously. You have no idea - I'm going to go take care of it right now.
Car trouble is seriously one of the worst things. I hate spending $$$ on vehicle maintenance. But i have realized that i take my vehicles for granite and am slowly realizing that they do need TLC if we want to keep them running the to the best of their ability.
Did I ever tell you that I'm very happy for your house selling? Indeed I am.
Kyle and I started out our marriage with four vehicles between the two of us, and between selling, wrecking, and sheer old age, we've been humbled into the position of just 1.5 this week. It's lousy, but I'm so glad we have the 1.5. And it's 1.5 vehicles with HEAT---no small feat.
What a great story. It reminded me of my Institute teacher giving a lesson on tithing one day and he said, "Tithing doesn't make it so you can drive a fancy car, it's what keeps your beet up car going."
Aw, your little prayer almost brings tears to my eyes. God loves his little Anna. :) You have a good attitude about your car. I'm going shopping Monday night if you need a ride!
I wish I could help out, but . . . you know . . .
I have prayed many times over car trouble. I'm glad you have a great way at looking at it.
That's awesome!! Tender Mercies!!! So glad your car didn't blow up!
aw, i love that little silver civic. it reminds me of mine. i have had some awesome cars and done some serious bargaining with heavenly father in my life [not particularly over cars. children and husbands, usually].
i hope it won't take too much to get it fixed.
I feel your pain. We are the proud owners of three cars. All old. Only one of them runs on a regular basis. The other two I drive...
What a wonderful way to look at it. You rock Anna.
Car problems are the worst. Especially when every extra penny is going towards necessities. What a blessing your prayers were answered.
I must have missed the post about your house selling. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm sure that was a huge relief of stress.
Post a Comment